Manufactured Backup Camera without wiring.... where to get one?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackPang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi Guys, I am new to this forum, hopefully can get some helps.

My 2017 Ram 1500 ST has the backup camera installed on the tail gate handler(see pic 1 below), but no wiring inside, I found the connector of this camera is a special six PINs (see pic 2 below). Does anyone knows where I can get this type of cable? should the cable convert the connection to the yellow video connector?

Thanks for any help.

Jack

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
No the factory wiring has no Yellow RCA connectors it's all direct wiring..
Let me see if I can pull up the parts your looking for...from Ram Uppfitters:

We have a pigtail available through the dealer that plugs into the connector at the rear valance that is left open when the tail gate is removed. This pigtail adapts the pick up harness to the camera set up we use on our 4500/5500 chassis cabs when a backup camera is ordered. Since there is no body on a chassis cab, we lose ship a 10 foot cable and a camera that plugs in to a connector that is at the rear of all chassis cabs. There is also a 30 foot cable available if the 10 foot is too short. This will give you a completely sealed electrical system. I think that is important given the environment a plow truck lives in. The only down side is that you will need to come up with your own mounting bracket for the camera. The P/N’s are as follows:

Pig Tail 82215671AB

10’ Cable 68200274AA

30’ Cable 68239372AA

Camera 56038978AF

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
JackPang

JackPang

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No the factory wiring has no Yellow RCA connectors it's all direct wiring..
Let me see if I can pull up the parts your looking for...from Ram Uppfitters:

We have a pigtail available through the dealer that plugs into the connector at the rear valance that is left open when the tail gate is removed. This pigtail adapts the pick up harness to the camera set up we use on our 4500/5500 chassis cabs when a backup camera is ordered. Since there is no body on a chassis cab, we lose ship a 10 foot cable and a camera that plugs in to a connector that is at the rear of all chassis cabs. There is also a 30 foot cable available if the 10 foot is too short. This will give you a completely sealed electrical system. I think that is important given the environment a plow truck lives in. The only down side is that you will need to come up with your own mounting bracket for the camera. The P/N’s are as follows:

Pig Tail 82215671AB

10’ Cable 68200274AA

30’ Cable 68239372AA

Camera 56038978AF

Thanks for the info, I checked the price of the listed parts, it is cheaper to buy a aftermarket OEM tail gate handler camera with wire and connectors, only problem is to connect the RCA to the radio... Thanks again!

Eng50

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.6l
Thanks for the info, I checked the price of the listed parts, it is cheaper to buy a aftermarket OEM tail gate handler camera with wire and connectors, only problem is to connect the RCA to the radio... Thanks again!
Yes it is, I have done both on my truck..the PAC harness for the radio allows for all of it

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963