Marvel Mhystery Oil

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dexter

Banned
Reaction score
I use it.

I used to use Lucas.

I get about .3 better mpg with it and the engine is very quiet & smooth.

OMW2SKI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use it.

I used to use Lucas.

I get about .3 better mpg with it and the engine is very quiet & smooth.

Do you use it in the gas or oil?

PolarisCobra

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I used to use it years ago. It is good at breaking up junk in the crankcase or fuel system. I would not put it in the crankcase of a modern engine with modern oil, I don't think it is needed any more.

As for in the fuel, with the ethanol in the gas that most of us use, there won't be much to clean out, the ethanol is a powerful solvent.

It is great stuff to put in an old school oil can for general lube purposes. Better than WD-40 by a longshot.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I use it as a mild-and-slippery solvent sometimes where I suspect there's a specific problem it can address. All those additives I treat the same way I treat medicine. Tylenol won't cure diarrhea, Rolaids won't do anything if you already feel great... but if you have a headache maybe Tylenol can help. If the headache persists maybe you need to see a doctor.

Same idea with "car medicine" :anitoof: if it's an old crusty neglected heap of motor and I can see gross buildup on the dipstick, yeah it's getting fresh oil and some Marvel to try to clean that stuff out of there. If I suspect a fueling problem (unusual exhaust smell, power "flat spots", fuel delivery related check engine light with no other obvious cause) I might run something like Marvel or Techron through to see if anything changes, probably no harm anyway.

But none of those things if the truck's already working properly.. then it just gets gas and oil like the manual specifies.