MDS Delete SOLVED

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
i'm really getting tired of beating my head against a brick wall trying to get this guy to at least watch a couple video's,that might change his mind.
(sarcasm font) everyone knows YouTube videos are nothing but sales gimmick trying to sell you something... :emotions122:

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Who said anything about running a non-MDS lifter on the MDS lobes? People get fixated on the weirdest things…

I believe this post was started to say that disabling the MDS system by software only is fine. Some Wild Guy that needed to have his 5 minutes of fame said to replace all the hardware to delete properly (cam, lifters, etc) but also acknowledged that factory non-MDS engines also suffer from lifter failure.

So why on Earth would someone take out perfectly functioning hardware to replace with something else that is also likely to fail at some point?

My tires have 100 miles on them, better replace them since someone online has a video of a tire blowout at 1000 miles.
You still don't get it. If you disable the MDS system by software, the system will work, but its not optimal. The Wild Guy was trying to give you 5 minutes of good advise as to doing it correctly is to tune and properly delete by putting in the appropriate parts (cam and matching lifters) to go with the tune. It will run with just the tune, but it won't be optimal/matching. That is what this forum is for. I have learned from the Wild Guy and others. Some, like you, have so much c*r*a*p between the ears, you just don't get it.

OP
OP
Bmags

Bmags

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 classic
You still don't get it. If you disable the MDS system by software, the system will work, but its not optimal. The Wild Guy was trying to give you 5 minutes of good advise as to doing it correctly is to tune and properly delete by putting in the appropriate parts (cam and matching lifters) to go with the tune. It will run with just the tune, but it won't be optimal/matching. That is what this forum is for. I have learned from the Wild Guy and others. Some, like you, have so much c*r*a*p between the ears, you just don't get it.
Who says it is not optimal guys?!?! Some Chrysler tech? Good for him. I’m sure he is the supreme leader and knows everything. I’m also sure he had 1/5 of the schooling of the TEAM of engine designers that created the engine.

You are the one not getting it… I guess that’s why my coffee now has to have a warning label that it’s hot…

mdc1990zr1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes, cutting oil pressure was designed into the engines from someone that went to college for engine building. They worked closely with other engineers that studied fluid dynamics. Seems to me they would be a more credible expert than a random unknown YouTube poster that had an engine issue.
Are they the same engineers that came out with the Neon? You know, the car that when you added the power window package, the power windows were only in the front. The rear still had manual roll-up windows. Those engineers, yeah they know best!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.