MGU failed (e-torque)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J-dubyoo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi e-torque
2021 1500 5.7 e-torque, weird noise at cold start, gradually got worse over 3-4 weeks. Started to hear other noises any time it was in any gear besides 8th. Drove 400 miles yesterday, pulling into the hotel it sounded like the engine was falling out of the truck. Still 400 miles short of home. Took it to a dealership this morning, bad MGU, they located one in a warehouse but because of the strike might be up to 4 days before they receive it.

31,000 miles. Is this a fluke or a weakness?

New Silver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I just leased a brand new 2024 Ram Laramie night edition. Absolutely love the truck. Was driving back to the dealership to drop off my old ram extra key fob when the volt meter went low and the check engine light came on. They ended up having to keep it for the weekend. Got a text message on the next Monday that the etorque MGU was faulty and was replaced. I asked them how often does this happen….their reply “this was our first”. Since reading through many threads, it does happen, just not ver often. Since then my truck has been fine. The volt meter goes down to less than 14 sometimes like my old Laramie, but no check engine light. So far so good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat