Modern Day El Camino.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
These guys have been around for awhile,and i kind of like their Charger kit.I don't think i'll roar out and build one anytime soon,but i still think they're kinda cool,my wife would kill me if i turned our 300 into a truck,lol.Same guy behind Factory 5 is behind these kits

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I don't think i'll roar out and build one anytime soon,but i still think they're kinda cool,my wife would kill me if i turned our 300 into a truck
If you slipped a Hellcat engine in there I bet she'll go for that...but let me know I'll send a funeral arrangement just in case.. LOL

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you slipped a Hellcat engine in there I bet she'll go for that...but let me know I'll send a funeral arrangement just in case.. LOL
I haven't ever really thought about sticking a Hellcat engine in it,but i'll admit there's been times i've thought of sticking a 405 cubed 6.4 and 8 speed in it,the rod/stroke ratio with anything 411 or bigger isn't really condusive for getting a 100,000+ miles out of the engine,lol

Last edited:

Green_Manalishi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
To each their own but its be easier to just buy a truck
If you only need a small bed for occasional loads, it's neat. Doesn't take up as much room in the garage either.
Plus, you can buy a used version of any of the donor cars for a lot less than a used truck nowadays.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
If you only need a small bed for occasional loads, it's neat. Doesn't take up as much room in the garage either.
Plus, you can buy a used version of any of the donor cars for a lot less than a used truck nowadays.
I agree,for alot of people in a city,a full size truck isn't really needed.Throw in the fact it'd be alot easier to find a parking stall that it'll fit in ,and the big one,when you go to polish / clean it up,there's a whole lot less polishing,lol.
For alot of people this makes more sense then a full sized truck.
To bad Ma Mopar never built one,they'd of probably sold a pile of them ;)
Look at Australia with their UTE's,they sell to beat hell over there,and i think there'd also be a market for them in North America

Last edited:

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My first vehicle was a El Camino. Was an awesome adventure, had the bed for whatever but didn't rattle your teeth out like the C10s. With the posi in the back it was the perfect truck for snow fun.

don't you wish you still had it? I once owned a 68 Charger 440 RT.....now they're worth tons of money.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
When i met my wife,her older brother had a 68 smallblock Elco,but even by the mid 80's it had a fair amount of rust,but it was still a good looking car.
I'd rather have a big block 70 or 71 El Camino over a big block Chevelle of the same vintage

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I always liked El Camino's. We had an '82 20 years ago. Fun fact: it was even used in a little known bad movie in 2004 (Dandelion). It was useful for light loads and kind of fun to drive.

That's kind of a cool conversion but I wouldn't do that to a pristine car.

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
To each their own but its be easier to just buy a truck
But a truck gets much worse fuel economy. Look how much larger a truck is compared to a car or even older trucks. Even my ramcharger with overdrive could not beat my elcaminos fuel economy. I could see the advantage to a newer elcamino. I also like how much lower the elcamino sit compared to new trucks especially when you are lifting heavy stuff
20230228_150244.jpg
7C78B27F36CF_1689791924885.jpg
20171102_114826.jpg

Last edited:

White six four

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If a company made something like that bare bones not all fancy gidgets and gadgets and decently priced it would make the perfect work vehicle for construction workers. I'd buy one for sure. Throw all your tools and dirty/muddy crap in the back and be able to easily park it on cramped jobsites.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep, it was a lot of fun. I sold it to a friend who proceeded to smash it up. One week later. I had put a lot of time and effort into making that look brand new.
i also had a '64 mustang...289...3 speed....got rid of that too. It's funny how we all had these way back then but gave little thought of the future worth of them. it's like our trucks today...what would they be worth 20 or 30 years from now?

crazzywolfie

Reaction score
Ram Year
81 93
Engine
it's like our trucks today...what would they be worth 20 or 30 years from now
hahaha they are made of such thin metal, overly complicated(computers for everything) and really not that great looking. IMO they will be worthless. part of what makes older cars nice is how simple and cheap they are to work on and how cool they look. i can pretty much replace entire fuel or ignition systems on older vehicle for a fraction of the cost to fix the same systems on a new vehicle. i can replace the spark plugs on most of my vehicles in under 30 minute. heck my dart is still running on points. really doesn't get much simpler or cheaper than that.
20230809_194344.jpg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
i also had a '64 mustang...289...3 speed....got rid of that too. It's funny how we all had these way back then but gave little thought of the future worth of them. it's like our trucks today...what would they be worth 20 or 30 years from now?
You want to talk about money? I think baseball collectors owe me some bucks. I guarantee that I probably went through 4.2 million dollars worth of baseball cards clipped to the spokes of my bike, so instead of 500 Willie Mays rookies cards being available there are 3 because the rest got wrecked on my bike.

But I am missing my 1978 Z28, Porsche Targa, and some other vehicles that are now just memories. Like my very first Brand New Ram , picture below.

1000008926.jpg

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
If a company made something like that bare bones not all fancy gidgets and gadgets and decently priced it would make the perfect work vehicle for construction workers. I'd buy one for sure. Throw all your tools and dirty/muddy crap in the back and be able to easily park it on cramped jobsites.
They do, the Tradesman. Rubber floor, big knobs you can grab with gloves, simple radio, much less expensive than other trims.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You want to talk about money? I think baseball collectors owe me some bucks. I guarantee that I probably went through 4.2 million dollars worth of baseball cards clipped to the spokes of my bike, so instead of 500 Willie Mays rookies cards being available there are 3 because the rest got wrecked on my bike.

LOL...yep, those baseball cards in the spokes....if we didn't have cards we used balloons. young and stupid comes to mind when you think of all the dumb things we did as kids. Probably could have retired off those baseball cards.