Mods mods mods!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3RamDude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
This is the first forum that I've ever joined, working 5yrs for a aftermarket CAI company I grew to dispose forum guys...sorry! But boy was I wrong, you guys are an inspiration!! I just can't stop modding my new white 13' ram sport!

All I've done so far is a Flowmaster super44 muffler and a bed cover, Now I'm itching for next weekends mods to begin!

First on the list are a LED light bar under the grill between the floods, blacking out the front grill, and a 2.5in rough country front level kit.

Any ideas on length/brand for the light bar?? Just going to go with a >$200 curved bar(probably from Amazon).

Also, has anyone put some aggressive 33" tires under a 2.5 leveling kit?

Grill blackout: going to use plasti dip(doing the 20" stock rims too). II've decided on the cross hairs instead of the entire grill. My question is how are you guys keeping the dip off of the outside rim but still getting clean lines on the cross hairs after peeling the tape??

Thanks!

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Welcome, glad we've converted you :) haha

Are you going to be putting one of your companies CAI's in your truck?

Here's where I mounted my light bar. It's a 50" curved. If you go to my build thread (link in signature) you can see how I did it! Works great and puts a ton of light out! It follows the curve of the bumper perfectly too!

Here's a pic of it this weekend before I headed home with the RV!

4037107188d07129e43e267558f2a17b.jpg

Ramtough11

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
For doing the plasti dip you can use masking tape, but make sure to peel the tape off before the plasti dip dries or else it will start peeling along the edges. You could also use a razor blade and very lightly run it along the edge of the tape and then the tape will peel off with a perfect straight line if the tape wasn't removed until after it dried. Also for plasti dip the more coats you do the better as its a lot stronger and if you ever go to peel it off it will come off a lot easier with the more layers. I usually do at least 5 coats. I did 8 coats on my front badge and grill insert with plasti dip and its still holding up like new after over 2 years.

Motivology

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
For doing the plasti dip you can use masking tape, but make sure to peel the tape off before the plasti dip dries or else it will start peeling along the edges. You could also use a razor blade and very lightly run it along the edge of the tape and then the tape will peel off with a perfect straight line if the tape wasn't removed until after it dried. Also for plasti dip the more coats you do the better as its a lot stronger and if you ever go to peel it off it will come off a lot easier with the more layers. I usually do at least 5 coats. I did 8 coats on my front badge and grill insert with plasti dip and its still holding up like new after over 2 years.

Pretty much what this guy said. As far as getting clean lines, I'd take the tape off immediately after my very last coat while it's wet.

SFD213

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Look up dipyourcar on youtube. Fonzie is a genius and has everything in tutorials there. Otherwise, they way ramtough described, is how you do it. Make sure the least coat is slightly heavy near the tape, just not heavy enough to drip. Once youre done spraying, just put the can down and peel off the tape immediately. Theres a certain angle to peel but i forgot it. It in the tutorial videos

Casper

U.S. Navy (Ret.)
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
This is the first forum that I've ever joined, working 5yrs for a aftermarket CAI company I grew to dispose forum guys...sorry! But boy was I wrong, you guys are an inspiration!! I just can't stop modding my new white 13' ram sport!

All I've done so far is a Flowmaster super44 muffler and a bed cover, Now I'm itching for next weekends mods to begin!

First on the list are a LED light bar under the grill between the floods, blacking out the front grill, and a 2.5in rough country front level kit.

Any ideas on length/brand for the light bar?? Just going to go with a >$200 curved bar(probably from Amazon).

Also, has anyone put some aggressive 33" tires under a 2.5 leveling kit?

Grill blackout: going to use plasti dip(doing the 20" stock rims too). II've decided on the cross hairs instead of the entire grill. My question is how are you guys keeping the dip off of the outside rim but still getting clean lines on the cross hairs after peeling the tape??

Thanks!
I notice you don't mention adding a CAI :crazy:

OP
OP
3RamDude

3RamDude

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks guys!!

Sadly, the company I worked for doesn't make a CAI for the Ram or I would definitely have one on. I still may fab something myself wth one of their tubes if I ever get the itch. The Vararam is looking like the front runner for an intake in the future.

I saw somebody plasti dipped their calipers?! Anybody heard of any issues with this? seems crazy to me but love the idea, I was thinking of painting them Red.

Xrsman- I was thinking of mounting one on the bumper between the floods, but I love where you have yours! Any lift on your truck?

moledodge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
DAT HEMIIIIIII 5.7
It's an itch that can't be cured

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kdog57