Mouse getting into my cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ATXram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have found little droppings and have placed a camera and glue traps in the back seat.. I managed to catch the mouse on camera, getting caught then escaping from a Tomcat glue trap. I watched it run in between the driver seat and center console. I don't know if the mouse is coming and going as he pleases, or if he's made a home somewhere in my truck.. it being 100+ degrees here in central Texas, I'm not sure if he could survive very long. So I think he's exiting and then re-entering through somewhere.. My question is:

Where are the most common entry points to start looking?
Do I need to remove the blower motor and look for a vent in there?

I'm going to remove the center console, and both front seats and rear bench seat (to get to the rear vent to see if he's coming in that way). I'm going to see if he's living inside the seats, or center console.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Once the rodent climbs the tire & gets on the front suspension, it easily gets on top of the engine,
I would imagine that squeezes into that area just below the windshield, you know, that area where the leaves tend to build up.
Once inside there, it can easily get into the HVAC system

People look at a rodent and think it can't fit though a small space, well they sure as heck can fit in unbelievable spaces

Eric1976

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I had a Hyundai Santa Fe and over the course of about 3 weeks - a very painstakingly frustrating 3 weeks - I ended up putting gorilla duct tape over the large enough holes for a mouse to get through “vents” where the windshield wipers are. It wasn’t because I eliminated all other options, it’s because I was driving on the freeway in the middle of a Maine winter and I watched that little rascal shimmy out of that area and he turned and looked at me and gave me the teeth.

cammed

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 ram rt
Engine
cammed 5.7
Mouse was in my wife's car we opened all the doors and trunk left car under the carport all day no more mouse I think he got in the car when they had bush hogged the field next to my property. LOL if you could have seen her reaction thank God she had the car in park

BadHemi2014

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
We had several field mice in our dually. Couple of snap traps baited with peanut butter over the course of a week or so took care of em.

blue ghost

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Ram 1500 sport
Engine
hemi 5.7
I had a mouse get into my truck, built a home in the ventilation, a pain to get rid of. I tried boric acid( which the police use here for the problem), traps, and the those electronic gadgets. The only thing that worked is "Rodent Gone", i spray it around the intakes even the drain holes for the bed and since have not had any.

OP
OP
ATXram1500

ATXram1500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Thanks for the replies everyone. I took out all my seats and found it was entering from the back vents. You can see the tiny paw prints climbing out. F47AD76A-D6FC-480F-97A2-59EEF2D89953.jpeg

Attachments

• 02FA5ED5-4FAE-4A5E-8E6A-D97B604BF283.jpeg
    02FA5ED5-4FAE-4A5E-8E6A-D97B604BF283.jpeg
    175.7 KB · Views: 25

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your vent flappes are gone you need to replace them anyways, you would've had water leaking from them, make sure you get them from Mopar they have been upgraded.

Dodge trucker

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a 78 sport fury.
I used to park it over winter in a friend's barn. No hay, straw or food was kept in there just machinery. About the 3rd (and last) year I stored it there when we went to get it out in the spring I noticed a pile of insulation on the floorboards.
I drive it home, my wife followed.
We got home, dropped the "chase" vehicle, and my wife jumped in the passenger seat.
As we got to town I saw a mouse run across her foot. So our first stop was Menards and bought a bunch of glue traps. Id rather catch them than just poison them cuz then I know I got um and they aren't upbeat n some inaccessible corner rotting away.

PaulTGarrett

Grumpy old man
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
408 Cummins Turbo Diesel
Get one of the neighborhood stray cats to live in your truck... or get a pet snake! LOL

Actually that is what I did for my travel trailer... Had a mouse problem... Started leaving water/food out under the trailer... Stray cats came along, mice moved along! And yes, I did trap the cats, had them fixed, then released them. I've also got a 3' black snake that lives in my shop. I gave up on shoo-ing it out... Just let it live there and take care of roaches, lizards, and mice. It loves curling up with my air hoses or extension cords! And it chases me when I get the weed-eater out on the yard! I've named it "Badger".

Attachments

• IMG_6047.JPG
    IMG_6047.JPG
    152.2 KB · Views: 5