Msrp went up while sitting in D1 status…..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well my msrp went up prior to it being built. I sent a message to my salesman. I’m ordering two vehicles from them and am giving them two good trades. Just told him and I don’t really care about the msrp as long as the deals we discussed still stand. Am I basically screwed?

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
You can back out of the Order at any time until you sit in the office with the Finance Officer & start signing your life away.
But you may lose your down payment.

The dealership will sell your order real quick, if you back out
They likely have customers on Speed Dial, just waiting for customers to back out of their order.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I mean a few hundred bucks here or there but 2300. ********.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Taking up accessory room damnit!! Lol

Sando

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
There is a process called "sold order protection" to correct this exact situation. This is supposed to protect the customer and the dealer from unexpected increases. It works with prices & incentives; if done correctly.

Pudge

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Power Wagon 75th
Engine
Hemi 6.4
There is a process called "sold order protection" to correct this exact situation. This is supposed to protect the customer and the dealer from unexpected increases. It works with prices & incentives; if done correctly.
Right, what he said. As long as a deal was signed, or money was exchanged. A deposit as such.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah they definitely have my money. I asked if I needed to sign anything and he said no so I’ll see how that pans out. I’m sure I’ll hear on Monday.

trdt44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
The same thing happened with the Wranglers. I have one on order so I have been watching this on the JL forum. Mine was invoiced before the price increase but sounds like they are honoring orders that were placed before the increase. I assume Rams will be similar. There has been some examples shown where they are invoicing them at the lower price after the increase.

eta: As mentioned there is sold order protection (there is box checked at order time) that protects incentives and there is price protection that protects the price but typically the dealer has to submit a claim. Sounds like this time they are not requiring the claims to be submitted and they are just invoicing at the lower price.

Borrowed this from the JL forum.
38234872-4e3f-497c-9fce-2e014086a230-jpeg.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well if that’s the case I should be good as I have all that on my orders.

Bagger

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you live close enough to Lake Charles Louisiana, check with Aaron Ginsburgh at Mark Dodge there. I built a 2500 Laramie with a few options on the Ram website, sent the info to Aaron and got a new build price that was less than the basic MRSP in one day. I took that price to two local dealers, they could not match the price and told me I better buy it because that was a great price. I believe that my price was less than the employee price. I took an 8-hour bus ride to pick it up from Florida. Very happy with the way they treated me and the whole buying process.

Attachments

• 20211122_094625.jpg
    20211122_094625.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yeah northern border of mn. As it is I have to drive five hours for mine.

GSSS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Yeah northern border of mn. As it is I have to drive five hours for mine.
Sounds like you are a couple hours north of me.

I ordered a Ram from Belzer in New Prague a few days ago. I received a message the next day saying the price when up $700+. Am I to understand that they have a way to mitigate the price increase so I get my original deal?

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I dunno. Just look at the former posting a couple back. I think it depends on what the dealer entered when doing your build. I'm trying to get a straight answer from Walser right now. I just got the vin of my wife's durango and that msrp went up 2300 bucks too. So it's close to 5 grand between the two rigs now. As long as they are price protected which I think they should be I'll be ok. Otherwise I'm going to have to make a decision.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I shouldn't say the durango MSRP went up that much. That was about 1500 and a couple options I had selected went up.

1STRAM2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I began building what I wanted on the Ram website back in early November. Base 2WD Tradesman 2500 CC with 6.4 Hemi and 6'4" box was listed at #39940. By time I made up my mind to cancel by ordered Silverado 2500 HD (had been waiting for order acceptance since early Sept) and sat down with my local RAM dealer Nov 27, 2021, the base price went up to $40670. I noticed today it was $41370. My price is protected according to my dealer. Good news for me is I got my build sheet today, still on track for projected ship date Jan 27. Not holding my breath... How I long for the good ol' days of incentives and various discounts.

TRad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Sounds like you are a couple hours north of me.

I ordered a Ram from Belzer in New Prague a few days ago. I received a message the next day saying the price when up $700+. Am I to understand that they have a way to mitigate the price increase so I get my original deal?
I Hope you have better luck with Belzer then i did. When i bought my 18' i made a deal with them and on the one hour drive down to pick up the truck the price mysteriously went up $2000. They figured i wouldn't walk after making the drive but i told them to pound sand and walked out. Got the the same truck different color at **** Rapids for the $2000 less deal. I will never deal with them again. Good luck!

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah I tried getting mine from grand rapids and no dice. at least I'm assuming that's the rapids you are talking about. They were 5000 less on the trade for my wifes rig and two thousand less of a deal on the ram. Hoping Walser holds up their end of the bargain. I've bought a lot of vehicles from them and have been pretty happy in the past so hopefully no issues.

TRad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Not sure why it didn't let me type CoonRapids with a space between. Guessing it's the times we live in I..

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963