Mufflex DOD14 and Vararam install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
I'll be installing the 14" Mufflex kit and Vararam either Thursday or Friday. I've read both instructions and everything seems easy enough but I'm wonder if those of you who have already DIY learned any tips ong the way that would make the install a little easier.

As far as I figure the biggest PITA with the Mufflex is getting the old muffler apart and realigning the new setup. Any tips there?

jeringate

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Exhaust shouldn't be too hard considering you're in a brand new truck! I'm going to do the same once my truck shows up, I'll probably have it off an installed before I roll 100miles! If you're having trouble with the bolt, throw a pipe on the end of your wrench for extra leverage shouldn't be a problem at all though!

As for the intake, I've never installed the vararam so I can't help ya there! Seems super straight forward.

OP
OP
aIIan

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Getting my nose cut off in the AM then it's time to crank some wrenches.

Last call for tips, shortcuts, pointers, missed instructions, etc.

OP
OP
aIIan

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Got the Vararam installed.... meh. The install is pretty simple even though I didn't have any instructions but the fit and finish leaves a lot to be desired. A LOT.

The Mufflex goes on as soon as these doctors me leave.

Last edited:
OP
OP
aIIan

aIIan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2O14
Engine
Installed the Mufflex kit in just under an hour solo, not too bad.

Hardest part was pulling the tail pipes off and getting them realigned properly... they still aren't.

*PRO TIP: take a picture (or mental image) of how the tailpipes sit before tearing them out.

As per the muffler itself - the jury is still out. Can't hear much from inside the cab but it does have a nice rumble from the back at idle. I'll have to have the misses run it up and down the street tomorrow for a final verdict.

Soljer88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any update on the sound? Im looking at the same **** myself.

Installed the Mufflex kit in just under an hour solo, not too bad.

Hardest part was pulling the tail pipes off and getting them realigned properly... they still aren't.

*PRO TIP: take a picture (or mental image) of how the tailpipes sit before tearing them out.

As per the muffler itself - the jury is still out. Can't hear much from inside the cab but it does have a nice rumble from the back at idle. I'll have to have the misses run it up and down the street tomorrow for a final verdict.

RCFiddyOne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm interested in what you think as well. I had a 14 and although it sounded nice, it was a bit on the quiet side for me. I did the DODM80 and I love it.

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
i agree its extremely quiet in the cab, even with back slider open and windows down, the other day I tried pulling the tail pipes to see the difference with no resonators and in the videos it sounds even quieter, louder in cab on startup, I never moved truck and kept my phone at the same place to record and in the videos the reso delete is quieter, could be the lack of tail pipes no transporting the sound to the back, I will probably still end up deleting them for a bit more