Multiple issues with engine and proformance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckGuyKY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello, as this is my first time posting on here I will try my best to explain the issue I have. Seeing as my issue is virtually impossible to search I figured posting on a forum is my best bet.

To start, the problem began as the oil pressure gauge randomly dropping to 0, this then was followed by random stalling and a loss of power in the engine. Upon getting home I checked the error codes. All of the error codes were codes that dealt with O2 sensors that had been around for a long time and never affected the car. I then took the car out on a drive to check it again. This time upon reaching 2500 rpm or higher the motor began to knock very loud almost sounding like popcorn on the passenger side followed by loss of oil pressure, transmission slippage, and many error codes. The error codes dealt with the cam position sensor and a knock sensor, I replaced these which soon removed the errors but brought new ones with it. I then figured it would be best to purchase a new ECM for the truck. After replacing the ECM the same issues occurred and seemed to almost make it worse.

As of right now the current codes are - 325, 330, 168, 403, 137, 340, 633. The same symptoms are occurring such as, oil pressure gauge reading zero, loss of power, stalling, transmission slip, and knocking at 2500 rpm or higher, and the truck takes 5-10 seconds to start. Most of these problems go away for a very short amount of time but never go away permanently.

If anyone could help me out it would be greatly appreciated and I will be happy to answer questions necessary!

Edit: The vehicle is a 2005 dodge ram 5.7 liter hemi has about 220,000 miles

Last edited:

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
mileage and maintenance history, bought new or used, would also help

OP
OP
T

TruckGuyKY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
mileage and maintenance history, bought new or used, would also help
The vehicle is a 2005 dodge ram 5.7 liter hemi has about 220,000 miles, I have changed almost everything in the vehicle that you can besides the engine and transmission. Was bought used back in 2009.

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
I would definitely start with electrical connections, sounds like a bag of gremlins got loose in your truck.

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Why not tell us the the Meaning of codes , I don’t feel like searching to give advice, help us help you!