My Hemi Tick Video (Please Help)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, i don't mean get them replaced, you can but i've heard they go to doing it again. Might try changine that oil up one wt.

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No, i don't mean get them replaced, you can but i've heard they go to doing it again. Might try changine that oil up one wt.
I want to go to 5w30 but don’t want to void my 3 years of remaining warranty. I feel like it’s up to the dealership to get it purring like a lion again.
They did the manifold bolts in the fall so I’m pretty pissed to hear that sound on startup. The lifter rattle is fairly new and getting worse quickly.

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I want to go to 5w30 but don’t want to void my 3 years of remaining warranty. I feel like it’s up to the dealership to get it purring like a lion again.
They did the manifold bolts in the fall so I’m pretty pissed to hear that sound on startup. The lifter rattle is fairly new and getting worse quickly.

Thats cool, and you are right, give them the first shot. Above all, please keep us up to date. ;)

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welp. I see the dealer is gong to battle me on this. Here’s their response to the videos:

Sure bud... it’s the air intake :/

A6F1B04E-A536-4E21-9F7F-F1DFA3B15237.png

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didnt want to push the issue but from all the reading on here thats what most of the dalers are saying. Normal normal. So many cases of this they think it is normal i guess. And like i said the few who have gotten the dealer to replace them noise returns 10,000 miles later sometimes. Was hoping you would have a better chance with the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Didnt want to push the issue but from all the reading on here thats what most of the dalers are saying. Normal normal. So many cases of this they think it is normal i guess. And like i said the few who have gotten the dealer to replace them noise returns 10,000 miles later sometimes. Was hoping you would have a better chance with the dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have 3 years for the engine to blow up, then they can give me a new one.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got the same noise. Goes away in a few minutes and won't come back until cold start again. I tried the 5/30 royal purple filter, no change. Then went redline 5/20 no change.
Just changed back to PUP 5/20 5 qt's, 1.5 qts pup5/30 and 10.oz Hot Shot secrets Friction reducer, FR3 I think, no Change.

I do think I have had this for quite awhile though just cant recall.

Last Summer I put on JBA silver ceramic headers with Remfelx Gasket so it might of been more pronounced after that but I am not sure.

I am going to try an oil analisys next and see.

Truck runs fine and has 55000 miles

LarryA

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I did the same video with no wind, and from under the truck. I think you can hear it more clearly now. Definitely 2 very different sounds. I think broken bolt exhaust leak on the startup, then the in gear idol sounds awful.

So my truck sounds exactly the same, had my neighbor listen (extensive mechanical experience), he didn’t think the noise when shifting into gear was valve or lifter related. I am staying up on oil changes, and giving it a minute or so before shifting into gear.

I assume your truck quiets down once good and warmed up?

OP
OP
Midnight Storm

Midnight Storm

One Badass Ram
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So my truck sounds exactly the same, had my neighbor listen (extensive mechanical experience), he didn’t think the noise when shifting into gear was valve or lifter related. I am staying up on oil changes, and giving it a minute or so before shifting into gear.

I assume your truck quiets down once good and warmed up?
Yes it sounds good when it warms up. Also the tick goes away when I give it some throttle.

Kelley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sounds like you may have two things going on here. One, and most obvious is the serpentine belt. Slight lifter noise upon startup but that I would say is normal-- Does it in my 4.7 and my 5.7 Hemi which is brand new and has about 2,000 miles on it.

Start off purchasing a new belt, and when you change it check the bearings on all the pulleys, but I'm sure it's just a worn belt.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
mine had a lot done replaced a warped exhaust pipe ! broken bolts did have a load tic and had a fuel injector went out runs better but do here a number 6 cyl tick not to bad so guess with powertrain warranty just drive amsoil at 2000 replace and a rp filter hoping for another 50,000 miles on it ! added oil helper and noise did go down and not long 5 minutes nothing after warm up ? who knows right !

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txram956