My ram (ongoing project)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me get some opinions and ideas. Or even pros and cons. It’s hard to figure out a way to do a fuel tank skid. What if I deleted the fuel tank and ran a custom fuel cell in the spare tire area. I could completely cut out the crossbeam from the spare tire mount and run 2 square tubes across welded to the frame and hang a fuel cell off that. That would keep it decently high between the frame rails. It would also allow me to build a custom shield around the fuel cell or more like a box and would shift the weight of the truck more over the rear tires as well. Then I wouldn’t have to worry about making a belly pan for the truck. I am not sure what it would take to run a custom fuel system though. I do plan on doing a good size cam and 6.4 truck intake and long tube headers down the road. I’d like to keep the stock dual exhaust but I’m not worried about loosing it so much. I originally wanted to swap and run a full custom exhaust and set it up as an equal length dual with an x pipe.
32” long by 32” wide by 8” deep Fuel cell is 8192 ci which translates to over 35 gallon capacity.
Edit: I could still use the stock fuel door and fill neck. Would just have to run new fuel fill line to the new tank

Last edited:
OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Finally brought my truck in for the recalls and my CEL from my truck shutting down. I scanned it and had a pcm failure. Took it to the dealer. They called me back and they are swapping in a new pcm. No questions asked. I also got a charger for my loaner. Fully paid for I just have to cover my own gas. Can’t beat that. Arrigo west palm beach fl. Man I am super happy. I also had a lot of looks at my truck when I rolled up in the parking lot and service bay. So many jaws dropping. It was very amusing.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Attempted to install an aftermarket pwm fan module designed for jeeps into my truck to run the pentastar fan... It was worth a shot but it did not end up working. Not sure if it was a bad fan or if the ram uses a different signal for the fan than the jeeps use. Guess I’ll return it and use that money towards custom tuning.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Attempted to install an aftermarket pwm fan module designed for jeeps into my truck to run the pentastar fan... It was worth a shot but it did not end up working. Not sure if it was a bad fan or if the ram uses a different signal for the fan than the jeeps use. Guess I’ll return it and use that money towards custom tuning.
Curious as to this mod?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just to keep anyone who is following in the loop. I am still working with RPM Xtreme to get those fan controller working for the ram trucks. We have some final testing and then he wants me to send the fan out So they can do some better testing on the fan itself since it appears that the fan uses a different signal than the jeep system does.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Just to keep anyone who is following in the loop. I am still working with RPM Xtreme to get those fan controller working for the ram trucks. We have some final testing and then he wants me to send the fan out So they can do some better testing on the fan itself since it appears that the fan uses a different signal than the jeep system does.
Having the diesel I'm not savvy to hemi mods, but I assume this is to drop the mechanical fan in favor of electric?

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Having the diesel I'm not savvy to hemi mods, but I assume this is to drop the mechanical fan in favor of electric?

Well I’m already running the v6 model electric fan which eliminates the clutch fan but the downfall is it’s relay controlled and cycles on and off. The pentastar fan is variable speed and will run low speed while idling or if fan is not required and when needed the fan will cycle up speed.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It’s official. All new truck projects will be put on hold. All pending projects will be finished though. We are officially buying a house. Finally found something my girlfriend and I are happy with. We just got our offer approved on a home and will be moving forward to purchase the home. The truck projects will not be forgotten but will be delayed till we get situated and figure out the money situation as things will be tight until the economy starts picking back up.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
It’s official. All new truck projects will be put on hold. All pending projects will be finished though. We are officially buying a house. Finally found something my girlfriend and I are happy with. We just got our offer approved on a home and will be moving forward to purchase the home. The truck projects will not be forgotten but will be delayed till we get situated and figure out the money situation as things will be tight until the economy starts picking back up.
Congratulations!! That's awesome news, prepare for a bit of a stressful event in the beginning and getting accustomed to a new budget, but its an awesome in the end. The truck will be there, and you'll get to make a mess of your own driveway!

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright so rpmextreme got back to me. They got the pwm signal changed to the proper signal. He is just trying to find a truck to do some testing on to make sure the canbus signal is the same.

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Direct glass swap. The blind spot mirror is separate and moveable by itself. This thing is the bomb. Waiting on the passenger side to come in stock.
http://spottermirror.com/

1903AE73-D9F7-4D47-B7A1-F7E834FFC80F.jpeg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Direct glass swap. The blind spot mirror is separate and moveable by itself. This thing is the bomb. Waiting on the passenger side to come in stock.
http://spottermirror.com/

View attachment 211688
Is this on the basic mirrors? If so that is ****! I miss that blind spot mirror like I had on my 2500.

How's the house situation going for you?

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is this on the basic mirrors? If so that is ****! I miss that blind spot mirror like I had on my 2500.

How's the house situation going for you?

Yes. For the basic mirrors. I don’t need tow mirrors but wanted the blind spot so this works for my needs. And so far no progress. Last one we dropped after getting an inspection. Had to many hidden problems. May end up renting till we can afford to have something built to our needs.

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yes. For the basic mirrors. I don’t need tow mirrors but wanted the blind spot so this works for my needs. And so far no progress. Last one we dropped after getting an inspection. Had to many hidden problems. May end up renting till we can afford to have something built to our needs.
Is it easy to remove the glass, I've never taken mirrors apart and didn't even know you could change the glass. I miss the fish eye mirror but same as you don't need tow mirrors or the cost associated to them.

Be patient I looked for a few years before I found something I was willing to jump on. Unless you build new it seems most houses always have "hidden gems".

OP
OP
crazykid1994

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Is it easy to remove the glass, I've never taken mirrors apart and didn't even know you could change the glass. I miss the fish eye mirror but same as you don't need tow mirrors or the cost associated to them.

Be patient I looked for a few years before I found something I was willing to jump on. Unless you build new it seems most houses always have "hidden gems".

Yup. I’ve run into a few houses with problems and don’t mind fixing up a house but due my current situation and where I live it’ll be cheaper to build a house to my need than it will be to fix up some of the houses I’ve seen. I’m still looking for the right house if I can find one before building one. It’s a piece of cake removing the mirror. It is a hinge style on the bottom with 2 retention clips on the top. You need a long flat screwdriver to pop the 2 top clips (blue in picture) while slightly pulling on the mirror and it’ll lean forward then it’ll be able to pull up out of the bottom hinge (red in picture). If your mirror is heated then you have to unplug the 2 wires and plug them into the new mirror.

0BDA870F-FC6B-441B-AFEA-01804E676F6C.jpeg

hodge-xj

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 cummins
Yup. I’ve run into a few houses with problems and don’t mind fixing up a house but due my current situation and where I live it’ll be cheaper to build a house to my need than it will be to fix up some of the houses I’ve seen. I’m still looking for the right house if I can find one before building one. It’s a piece of cake removing the mirror. It is a hinge style on the bottom with 2 retention clips on the top. You need a long flat screwdriver to pop the 2 top clips (blue in picture) while slightly pulling on the mirror and it’ll lean forward then it’ll be able to pull up out of the bottom hinge (red in picture). If your mirror is heated then you have to unplug the 2 wires and plug them into the new mirror.

View attachment 211693
Oh man awesome! Thanks I think I might just have to buy these! Cheap mods are the best when they are every day useful!

As for the house, there's no perfect answer. Whatever fits your budget and timeframe is the proper move. Renting is nice as well for the time being as well since it is less full on commitment. Granted you're gaining very little but sometimes minimizing stress while you weigh options is the best move. Buying a house was the best yet most aggravating thing ever