My truck made a miracle happen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
9 years ago I started a business which quickly took over my garage and it never looked back. I have not parked in the garage since.

Then about 2 years ago my business partner and I went in two different directions and I started thinking about getting the garage cleaned out...

Then when I got my truck, and my wheels, and I started visiting this forum and reading comments from guys that were "garaging" their trucks in the rain... In the snow... Protecting from thieves... and I was like... "I wanna treat my truck better..."

I spent 3 or 4 days over three weeks cleaning and hauling... Some stuff had to be used for other jobs before I could clear it out of the garage, so I did those jobs, too.

Eventually, I got my small single garage this clean.

20210430_154117.jpg

But I wasn't sure if my truck would fit.

20210430_154441.jpg

I made it this far.

20210430_154717.jpg

At that point I had too much invested. I got right back to work and spent three more hours clearing the garage and...

20210430_185756.jpg

My RAM is in the garage boys and girls.

It's been a long time coming.

MickeyGreene

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nicely done! I did the same thing recently. Spent two days cleaning out my side of the garage so it would have a spot when i brought the truck home. Long overdue, but so worth it!!

OP
OP
BobSacomano

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Nicely done! I did the same thing recently. Spent two days cleaning out my side of the garage so it would have a spot when i brought the truck home. Long overdue, but so worth it!!

Totally. And I'm gonna save 200 hundred a year on car washes.

evanxrs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey,

Keep in mind in cold environments such as Canada where the weather varies so much parking in your garage can increase corrosion. For example if it is raining or snowing and park inside the rain / snow / moisture will stay on your car and not have a chance to evaporate like it would outside from winds, cold etc. The moisture stays on all locations.

Wife parked her car in our garage and it rusted far faster than my truck which was parked outside.

Definitely benefits of parking inside but depending on where you live, it can increase the rate of rust / corroision.

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
really park in the garage ?where would all the junk live and I don't think the missus will let me weld and grind in the garage . (her get your ass outside if you want make a mess and noise)

image2.jpeg

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Good stuff!

I just had a similar situation, but it didn't end up with me parking in my single car garage. It did lead to getting my garage straightened up though.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
really park in the garage ?where would all the junk live and I don't think the missus will let me weld and grind in the garage . (her get your ass outside if you want make a mess and noise)

View attachment 246438

:jawdrop::eek::eek::eek::insane::insane::Pshyco::Pshyco:........ Sorry but that garage would make me nutz!!!!!..............just me b-n a little OCD!! lol!!

4xdad

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 powerwagon
Engine
now you know why I build my stuff in the driveway the old lady would never go for welding or grinding in the garage, she already bitchs about noise and smell probably ****** off some of the niebors too. fuckum

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I used to have 2 garages at the apartments that i live at.
Then a new tenant moved in & wanted a garage,
I offered to pay them a monthly fee, but they wanted a garage, so that they could empty out the storage unit that they were paying for, so i lost that garage.

I had been modifying a 1956 Chevy Truck frame in it, it already had the Camaro front clip welded to it, it needed things like a steering box mounted to it & rear coil spring perches welded in place.
Then i could have transferred the engine, transmission & the body sheet metal from the old modified frame, (with a Chevelle front clip), over to the new modified frame.
Losing that extra garage was the end of that 1956 Chevy truck & all the work that i had put into it from 1971 to 2009. That '56 did not have a bit of heavy rust, i had paid to have the Lower door skins & cab corners replaced,
It did not have a dent in the sheet metal,
It was only primered with gray paint & had some surface rust along the bed rails, from people leaning on them, drinking & shooting the bull. I miss that '56, i dream about it a lot & mostly the dreams are about what needs to be done next to it.

Back to the one garage that i have now, it holds my Harley trike, all my tools & all the parts that were removed off of my 2016 Ram

The garages here are only long enough for mid size SUVs.

I am going to set up wood working area, so the Harley trike & the Ram parts will have to go to new homes

OP
OP
BobSacomano

BobSacomano

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6

View attachment 246438

Granted, you got a double there, but my single was even worse than that. At one point it was a rounded pile of boxes and yard machines and cigarette butts about 5 feet high, completely full, with a path to get to our freezer...

We gave up the smokes, and this was the next step in cleaning up...

Brian2081

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
For those of you who can park in a garage, I HATE YOU !!!!!. 20 x20 2 car exactly garage 7 foot high door. Bullwinkle is about 8 inches to tall with the cap and 2 inches to tall without and more than likely to long. But I ain't getting rid of him.

20210505_020442_073.jpg

20210203_111243.jpg

BlackSheepRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
this is awesome. love to see garages used for...garaging. ;-)

if you want more rainy day inspiration, work your way through this series:
the lighting in particular is cheap, easy to do alone, and no garage/shop can ever have too much light...as i learned while ceramic coating.

Loudram

Just a sinner saved by grace
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My garage is way too small to fit my truck and my tools. I have a single attached and it's narrow. I want a two car detached so bad.