Need full headlight upgrade for 2013 Quads

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Hi All,

I've got a 2013 Big Horn w/ stock quad lights (no projectors), and looking to get the proper upgrade.

I want to buy the entire headlight assembly so it's plug-and-play into my truck, and is the most reliable/leak free. I don't mind spending money as long as it's a high quality product (no ebay cheap stuff), and is very reliable as i don't want to deal with troubleshooting...

I was about to pre-order the Morimoto XB LED headlights, but TRS changed the estimated ship time to February, and i don't wait to wait as my skiing trips start in Dec/Jan.

I see that RetroShop has a Ram Projector - Light Builder, which has TYC aftermarket replicas projectors, and can be equipped with HID or LED's. I saw their YouTube video on Morimoto FX-R 50W ballasts, osram cbi bulbs and it looks pretty good.

Any comments on those FX-Rs?
What are my options to upgrade the lights while ordering the entire headlight?
What's the good stuff besides XB LED's?

Thank you!

Noeyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi All,

I've got a 2013 Big Horn w/ stock quad lights (no projectors), and looking to get the proper upgrade.

I want to buy the entire headlight assembly so it's plug-and-play into my truck, and is the most reliable/leak free. I don't mind spending money as long as it's a high quality product (no ebay cheap stuff), and is very reliable as i don't want to deal with troubleshooting...

I was about to pre-order the Morimoto XB LED headlights, but TRS changed the estimated ship time to February, and i don't wait to wait as my skiing trips start in Dec/Jan.

I see that RetroShop has a Ram Projector - Light Builder, which has TYC aftermarket replicas projectors, and can be equipped with HID or LED's. I saw their YouTube video on Morimoto FX-R 50W ballasts, osram cbi bulbs and it looks pretty good.

Any comments on those FX-Rs?
What are my options to upgrade the lights while ordering the entire headlight?
What's the good stuff besides XB LED's?

Thank you!
I just ordered the supernova v4s off headlight revolutions site for the high and low beams. I've got the reflector headlights in my 18' and from the videos I've watched they're pretty impressive. 2 year warranty and they've got them on sale for black Friday. Think I paid 320

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Kap1

Kap1

Ex Ram 1500 2013 owner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Tundra
Engine
3.5 vvti
Bump

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I'd go with upgrades available from RetroShop. I've had Morimoto gear in three Rams over the years and they always worked and the ballasts lasted.

I did have JJ retrofit my 2007 MegaCab's reflector halogen headlights into projector type units. They worked great.

Retro01.jpg

Retro04.jpg

Retro07.jpg

Retro10.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsq6i8m0vu.jpg

OC455

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018, 2019
Engine
5.7 Hemi Big Horn, 6.4L Hemi 3500 Longhorn Mega cab
I'd go with upgrades available from RetroShop. I've had Morimoto gear in three Rams over the years and they always worked and the ballasts lasted.

I did have JJ retrofit my 2007 MegaCab's reflector halogen headlights into projector type units. They worked great.

Retro01.jpg

Retro04.jpg

Retro07.jpg

Retro10.jpg

DSC_0010_zpsq6i8m0vu.jpg

Badass setup