Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigblueramrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
ok I got a 07 ram 1500 hemi 5.7, ok so i had oil pressure problems so I dropped the oil pan and replaced the pick up tube and gasket. which led entailed removing the 4wd driveshaft, the crossmember and the transmission dust cover, and dropping the front pumpkin and pushing it forward to gain the clearance needed to drop the pan. I cleaned the block and pan of excess gasket to make for a clean seal. I used non chlorinated brake cleaner I had a good bit of sludge build up in the pan. anyways I put the gasket on first and then the pick up tube which consist of 1 bolt and a nut that is on one of the connecting rod bolts. I did not retorque the rod bolt as I didn't think about it. anyways I put everything back together as I removed it. I have a mechanical background with decent amount of knowledge. all bolts tighten as they should. but my reason for posting, I now have the weird vibrating felt through the vehicle and u can hear it as soon as the starter engages to turn over I drove the truck 30 miles one way and 30 miles back home and is now having a humming noise that sounds like a jet plan powering up as I accelerate and powering down an I decelerate, sounds as if it's coming from the tranny but I didn't do anything with it. only while I'm going down the road but the vibrate can be felt on idle and while moving. my oil pressure is reading good and I have no leaks. my only thoughts are either from me not tighting that connecting the rod bolt. I had a friend suggest the rear main seal could be leaking air past it causing it to sound like its coming from the transmission. so please any experienced help would be awsome.

OP
OP
B

bigblueramrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
update dropped the pan again the bolt that goes to connecting rod that has the nut on it holding the oil pick up tube was tight I inspected the flywheel as much as I could no cracks or chipped teeth

RonJon '06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 1985
Engine
6.7, 360
Could be the dust cover, there's a torque sequence for installation and if not followed can cause a vibration. If you removed the main cap stud it's torque to yield and should be replaced with a new one.

Last edited:

OCDTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok I got a 07 ram 1500 hemi 5.7, ok so i had oil pressure problems so I dropped the oil pan and replaced the pick up tube and gasket. which led entailed removing the 4wd driveshaft, the crossmember and the transmission dust cover, and dropping the front pumpkin and pushing it forward to gain the clearance needed to drop the pan. I cleaned the block and pan of excess gasket to make for a clean seal. I used non chlorinated brake cleaner I had a good bit of sludge build up in the pan. anyways I put the gasket on first and then the pick up tube which consist of 1 bolt and a nut that is on one of the connecting rod bolts. I did not retorque the rod bolt as I didn't think about it. anyways I put everything back together as I removed it. I have a mechanical background with decent amount of knowledge. all bolts tighten as they should. but my reason for posting, I now have the weird vibrating felt through the vehicle and u can hear it as soon as the starter engages to turn over I drove the truck 30 miles one way and 30 miles back home and is now having a humming noise that sounds like a jet plan powering up as I accelerate and powering down an I decelerate, sounds as if it's coming from the tranny but I didn't do anything with it. only while I'm going down the road but the vibrate can be felt on idle and while moving. my oil pressure is reading good and I have no leaks. my only thoughts are either from me not tighting that connecting the rod bolt. I had a friend suggest the rear main seal could be leaking air past it causing it to sound like its coming from the transmission. so please any experienced help would be awsome.

You said you removed the front driveshaft, Let me tell you from experience, did you mark it and put it back in the same "phase"? If you didn't it could be 180 or 90 degrees out, if so it could vibrate like hell. If you didn't mark it you could try marking it and rotating it 90 degrees at a time until its fixed, just a thought. Now dodge may only go on one way i don't know the one i did wasn't keyed and you could get it wrong.