Need your opinions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
I didn't post this in the lifted or lowered section because I'm trying to decided which way to go. Would you left the front end to level it or lower the back end to level it out?

I'm more on lifting the front end to level out. If so, what do you guys suggest to do that?
20231112_152430.jpg20231112_162732.jpg

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Definitely raise the front end.

Bilstein 5100s set to +2.1" are a popular choice.

Otherwise, if you ever load the box after lowering the rear, it will be squatting and look horrible, not to mention the possibility of bottoming out. :cool:

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Leave it with the factory rake. There are more than a few VERY good reasons they are lower in the front.

I was hoping to raise the front end of my Warlock by 2.1" at a future date because I've heard a claim that it dramatically improves handling.

What are the negative side effects of leveling out versus keeping the stock amount of rake?

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
Will it ever be off road? Are you going to upsize tires ever?

If not I’d lower the rear for a street truck. Better handling, less head toss, easier entry and exit.

It will eventually have beefer tires when these bald out, so I am on the side of raising the front end?

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
Definitely raise the front end.

Bilstein 5100s set to +2.1" are a popular choice.

Otherwise, if you ever load the box after lowering the rear, it will be squatting and look horrible, not to mention the possibility of bottoming out. :cool:

Thanks! I have owned a 1500 gasser and a 2wd in 20 years. I want to do it right and I don't want to be tightening the torsion bars :)

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Administrator/Owner
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Ram Year
--
Engine
--
Leave it with the factory rake. There are more than a few VERY good reasons they are lower in the front.

What are the reason to keep the rake? Only thing I have heard is that it gets better gas mileage with the rake and aerodynamics.

KYPOTLICKER

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Of course I am giving impartial advice. Bilstein 6112's up front at ring 6, leaves you with 1 inch of rake. I did Fox shocks in the rear and the airlift bags that go inside the coils for towing. I love the set up.. 275 65 20 tire size. Nick@GotExhaust is a preferred vendor on this site, very good to deal with

Mb7640

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It will eventually have beefer tires when these bald out, so I am on the side of raising the front end?
Why not keep it the same? I was thinking of leveling my warlock until I realized its just not worth it. I do go offriad in mine mostly in northen arizona and have not found a place that I could not go because of height. The only limitation I have found are the stock at tires. They are ok but not great in mud. Before next summer I will be teying the geolander xa-at tires. Since I dont care to go up north in the winter and deal with more mud then snow. If you just want it for looks I would say its up to you.

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Raise the front-end and if you do, do it right with springs. Don't go the block route.

Attachments

• IMG_3481.JPG
    IMG_3481.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 1

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
What are the reason to keep the rake? Only thing I have heard is that it gets better gas mileage with the rake and aerodynamics.
Towing with a levelled truck makes them squat in the rear, steering geometry changes ans so does the handling, aerodynamics/gas mileage, handling and ride on rough roads. Upgrading the stock shocks is a good thing, but leave the factory rake in place.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Towing with a levelled truck makes them squat in the rear,

Nope it dosent if you do it properly and add airlift 5000 to the rear. Heck his in Arizona the Airlift 1000s would also work well since they would last in his climate.

Id go Bills 5100 for your truck OP, even tho im bias to the 6112s but they are stiffer. :Big Laugh:

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Nope it dosent if you do it properly and add airlift 5000 to the rear. Heck his in Arizona the Airlift 1000s would also work well since they would last in his climate.

Id go Bills 5100 for your truck OP, even tho im bias to the 6112s but they are stiffer. :Big Laugh:
Usually I agree with you on most things but think about what you just said. If you level it, it needs airbags if you are towing. If you don't level it, is usually doesn't unless you have no equalizer and a real heavy ball weight. That was pretty much my point.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Your saying to keep the truck looking lame AF, Just so he can save a few hundred buck on bags...

Even when bags are something most guys add anyways due the the **** poor factory rear end setup.

Adding Bag was my first mod on my truck in 2012 since I had my work trailer to pull.