New 1st Time Ram Owner Here Searching For Wisdom.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SuperDaveNC

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello all. Last spring I purchased my first Chrysler/Dodge/Ram vehicle ever. I got a 2019 1500 Classic Tradesman CrewCab 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi. Since then, it has been awesome owning this powerful full size truck. I am mulling some upgrades and would like to ask for some feedback on my specific dilemma. I am mulling the idea of doing an exhaust header upgrade. I am not necessarily looking for a performance, high dollar modification for a header upgrade. Just want to get rid of the stock manifolds. I have narrowed down the choice between a set of BBK Headers and a set of Flowtech Headers. Please note that I am not of the knowledge of understanding about these specific products. I do understand the mechanical aspects of why these are much better than the stock manifolds. But that is as far as it goes. I am hoping someone with some mechanical wisdom and knowledge could please assist me in answering the following questions:

1 Titanium ceramic, Black High-Temp Paint Finish, or Silver Ceramic - which one of these is better durability-wise and benefit-wise?
2 BBK vs Flowtech - any one better than the other?

I am getting ready to order a S&B Powerstack Cold Air Intake Kit for the truck and figure a header upgrade would be the next logical choice. Afterwards, a set of Flowmasters will be the final upgrade.

Much appreciation in advance.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Advice: go west, young man.

Perhaps more useful advice is short headers don't add performance, only long tube headers do, for fluid mechanics reasons. A number of threads on that in the Forum.

Of course, long tube headers are expensive and a pain to install, so people want a shortcut to performance. There isn't one, because physics is.

I decided I didn't need another +10% torque from long tubes after the boost I got from my tuner. They're illegal to sell with the truck in my state.

What to do about exhaust manifold bolt breakage? After 40k miles or so, manifolds should have their final warpage from enough thermal cyclings to repair. Take them off, machine or.sand flat and reinstall. New ones will fail again.
They claim to have fixed, I don't trust them and ya gotta take off the old ones anyway.

Last edited: