new after market true LED headlights not fully working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FSHNM

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey, new to the site. Hopefully someone can aim me in the right direction.

2018 ram 1500 5.7 express

DNA Motoring LED headlights.

Right, I bought some true led headlights (full housing assembly) to replace my deer smashed headlights (LED is replacing halogen NON projector)

The headlights work when the truck is in “accessory mode”. One click before turned over on.

Once I start the truck, they stay on for 3-4 seconds, then glitch out. Everything shuts off except the low beam. If I turn on the signals, they kinda do a freak out, but don’t work.

On the back of the housing, there’s wires that read “spare resistor wire if needed” (pics attached)

I’ve been hoping through some other fb groups. And a local shop for some ideas. They suggested a resistor. Which I tried. No luck. Same thing going on. Resistor did get hot, so it was getting power through it.

I’m not electrical savvy. Especially with trucks. Im not asking for a diagnosis (although would be sweet), just a foot in the right direction on where to go next.

Thanks. B7ADE150-70D5-44D3-BFDA-13A814EE9800.jpeg

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
They suggested a resistor. Which I tried. No luck. Same thing going on. Resistor did get hot, so it was getting power through it.
How were the resistors wired in?

Another option to correct this issue would be with AlfaOBD to set the headlight outputs to LED