New Audio Upgrades from Kicker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
Thanks for feedback Brandon. Another thing I mentioned to them, is a remote gain for the DSP amp. I think it needs a user adjustable one.

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I said 'f... it' and tried hifi sound, made a best offer, and even with shipping it beat out any Canadian retailer I could find... $570 usd shipped for the Subwoofer.

I know you US guys get a way better deal.. but considering this is the best I could find... Im happy

Last edited:

iam_canadian22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
So I said 'f... it' and tried hifi sound, made a best offer, and even with shipping it beat out any Canadian retailer I could find... $570 usd shipped for the Subwoofer.

I know you US guys get a way better deal.. but considering this is the best I could find... Im happy

Thats still way better then the nearly 1g that everywhere else up here wants, guess thats the route ill be going too when the time comes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rymanh24

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So just wanted to get some additional opinions and feedback.

I have owned multiple vehicles with base stereo systems and have always put in better speakers, subwoofers, and headunits. I recently took delivery of my 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie with the Alpine Sound System and while the system does not blow me away. It is definitely decent and probably up to par with any speakers and swaps I have done in the past. I have had harder/stronger hitting subs but I think the subwoofer in this truck does a phenomenal job.

Is the difference or gains really that great from getting the SRAM and swapping out the dash speakers to blow me away?

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
So just wanted to get some additional opinions and feedback.

I have owned multiple vehicles with base stereo systems and have always put in better speakers, subwoofers, and headunits. I recently took delivery of my 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie with the Alpine Sound System and while the system does not blow me away. It is definitely decent and probably up to par with any speakers and swaps I have done in the past. I have had harder/stronger hitting subs but I think the subwoofer in this truck does a phenomenal job.

Is the difference or gains really that great from getting the SRAM and swapping out the dash speakers to blow me away?

On the Alpine, most just swap out the powered sub. Ther Alpine is a 150w 8", the Kicker is a 200+w 10".

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just having switched mine last weekend, ditching the the 8" Alpine and getting the new Kicker sub proved to make a nice improvement. I think the new Kicker will even get a little better once fully broken in. Someone else posted that the kicker sub won't win any sound competion, which is true....but I'm sure happy with my decision to get one.

shaftman_05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just having switched mine last weekend, ditching the the 8" Alpine and getting the new Kicker sub proved to make a nice improvement. I think the new Kicker will even get a little better once fully broken in. Someone else posted that the kicker sub won't win any sound competion, which is true....but I'm sure happy with my decision to get one.

I can't justify the price for only a little better. Wish someone sold just the box and I would put an L7 in it and a bigger amp.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

autokraftgt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.1
I can't justify the price for only a little better. Wish someone sold just the box and I would put an L7 in it and a bigger amp.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

There should be a few manufacturers that build a box for them there square sub thingys...you're set

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could you not simply use the factory box that is already there and just install the speaker?

brandon.colt

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It's been 4 or 5 days now since I did the power stage install, I still have the EQ set at -2 and it seems like the bass is hitting harder everyday. I'm sure it has to do with the sub breaking in. Before the install I typically had the volume set at 18-20, and now I set it around 14-16. The only time I've turned it up to 20, I was driving around 50mph with the windows down. Obviously I credit the clarity to the DSP amp.
So for those of you still debating ordering this set up, I still think it was a good buy.
I hope this little update helps someone out there.
Happy wheeling!!!

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Has anyone installed one in a 2014 2500 CC?

I'm interested in finding out if they just installed it in the empty space under the drivers side rear, and how it compared to the factory sub (which seem a lot larger).

It is not a direct swap, since the factory sub (on 2014 2500 CC's) is located on the passenger side rear (and takes up the entire area under the double rear seat).

wazslow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone installed one in a 2014 2500 CC?

I'm interested in finding out if they just installed it in the empty space under the drivers side rear, and how it compared to the factory sub (which seem a lot larger).

It is not a direct swap, since the factory sub (on 2014 2500 CC's) is located on the passenger side rear (and takes up the entire area under the double rear seat).

It installs on the drivers side. It has nothing to do with the factory sub/box. You dont use any factory wiring to install the kicker sub. This is completely separate, not just a replacement for the factory alpine sub. Thats the reason it can be used with any factory headunit/speaker setup.

jadocs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It installs on the drivers side. It has nothing to do with the factory sub/box. You dont use any factory wiring to install the kicker sub. This is completely separate, not just a replacement for the factory alpine sub. Thats the reason it can be used with any factory headunit/speaker setup.

Gotcha thanks!

So is the factory unit on the passenger side disabled when this sub is installed or is it used in tandem?

Thanks again for the clarification.

Danimal77

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Could you not simply use the factory box that is already there and just install the speaker?

Factory box is a thin piece of plastic. It is a pos....honestly. I was shocked at how cheap and flimsy it was when I yanked it out.

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I need some help!

I installed the Soundgate in my truck, but I am not getting any bass.
Amp has power, fuse isnt popped..

The only thing I can think of is I connected to one of the wrong wires at the factory amp.
There are not 1 but 2 Grey Wires with a brown strip, can anyone verify which one I should have tapped into. I tapped into the one closest to the green with brown strip.

Another NOTE... If anyone has AC/Heat Seats, the Kicker amp will not mount under the seat where the instructions suggest.

Etroze86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would think you don't have a proper remote on hooked up. Make sure you have a switched power source and you should be good.

Talon_66

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I would think you don't have a proper remote on hooked up. Make sure you have a switched power source and you should be good.

Amp has power, it lights up with ignition.

Im thinking I tapped into the wrong wire