New bumper installed and now it doesn't start.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricBerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Hey people of the Ram community. I installed a fab fours red steel bumper today and some how I managed a U0100 ~lost communication with ECM/PCM~ Also, I've managed to kill power to the passenger headlight. I can connect the same light to the driver side connector and it works. It's only the headlight, all other functions work. The truck will start for about a full second and shut off. When it shuts off, the display tells me to push clutch and start button but the truck is automatic. The service air suspension came on but the truck lowered with the fob. Won't raise back up though. When I initially tried to start the truck, the headlights, foglight and front park sensors were not connected. All connectors seem to be fine but I will disconnect and dielectric grease them tomorrow. If anyone has had this issue and found a fix, I'd be happy to know.

Truck is a 2016 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 with the
eco diesel engine tuned by GDE. Aside from the tune, bumper and winch it's 100% factory.

blahargoue

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
No direct experience. Could you have missed a ground hook up? What did you do about the parking and proximity sensors that were in the factory bumper? Does your truck have power shutters on the radiator? (My '17 EcoDiesel did.)

I would imagine that any one of those things might confuse the computer.

OP
OP
E

EricBerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
I do have the shutters on the front and they are hooked up. The new bumper doesn't have spots for the sensors so after it was set up, I was going to mark and drill holes for them. They've been turned off for quite a while because I had a winch tray that blocked them. I'll hunt grounds and check all the connectors I can find. Its very strange that the passenger light isn't working.

If anyone has wiring diagrams for the truck and can post them, that would be fantastic.

OP
OP
E

EricBerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Used a ground for an LED light bar and had to remove it when removing the bumper. Walked outside and BAM its loose. tighten it up and she came to life. Service brake and air ride system up and playing with me now but the truck runs. if the front sensors aren't hooked up, with that mess with the brake system?