New Factory Replacement Engine from dodge!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Trust me I would love to do that I was planning that all along but I value the warranty until it runs out, they just put this motor in 6 months ago

Just un install the tune every time you take it in?

Ron Lapre

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had the TICK for a while. Finally went to my mechanic, I didn'even raise the hood and he said I hand bad bolts on both sides. He said I could go 2 ways, one way was to keep the same manifold which would of been about 6-7 hundred, The second was to get headers, was 1200. To me it was a no brainer, I went with the headers. His comment was if I kept the same manifolds I would have the same problem in about 3-4 years. I'm all about looks, sounds and POWER, It's also chipped. Love it.....

MSandRebel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey Bryan, I’m a tech as well at a bmw dealer, also the the engine tech too. My advice, diag and fix it yourself. I get the whole new engine and warranty issue. But, chances are with you working where you do, you may have enough parts kicking around to correct your problem at a low cost.
My only caveat would be if it’s a bearing or cylinder wall/piston issue, cause that would mean the new engine is already done.. and FCA should replace it.
Down time of your truck will suck but least you’ll know it’s done right.

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I get a really good tick going when I first start it up. It's more prominent when it's been sitting for a while but it goes away within about 30 seconds or so. I haven't really worried about it but I do run full-synthetic oil.

OP
OP
bryanj1025

bryanj1025

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah I priced it out my self it’s definitely bad lifters because mine tap at all times not just start up mine never quiets down but it’s about 1400 in parts if i do it myself and that’s wholesale

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I priced it out my self it’s definitely bad lifters because mine tap at all times not just start up mine never quiets down but it’s about 1400 in parts if i do it myself and that’s wholesale

If you dont like the noise you have Then dont used MDS lifters they bleed down due to the holes in the side of them. I just did my fathers ram 2500 with non mds and it never sounds like mine that has mds lifters. Also you will always have a little tick when running its just how it is you will notice it more when in a drive thru ect.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Going to try redline

Sounds crazy huh? How can an oil fix this, even a new engine didn't work, lol. In fact it might or might not work, but I'd put money it will help. Do us a favor, keep the redline thread in my sig up to date with results, and vote only after at least 500 miles on new oil. I'm looking forward to result either way, and I'm hoping it helps. if it doesn't help vote that way, if it kills the tick vote that way, if it makes it better but still come tick vote that way, just keep accurate info is all i ask. Nick at got exhaust sells it cheap, you will want to be slightly over full on dip stick. Most guys running 7.5 quarts with the 20-820 royal purple filter. that combo is a tick killer.\

Make sure high performance oil and NOT professional series.

383730?$prodpg640x480$.jpg

OP
OP
bryanj1025

bryanj1025

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah the old motor wiped cam bearings that’s why I got the new one but I’m excited to give it a try it comes today!

OP
OP
bryanj1025

bryanj1025

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Is $94 cheap? That’s what it cost me for royal purple filter and 7qt

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Is $94 cheap? That’s what it cost me for royal purple filter and 7qt
$94 ?? wowsers I don't spend that on 3 gallons of Rotella T-6 and Mopar filter... and they say the maintenance on an EcoDiesel cost more.. [emoji44]

OP
OP
bryanj1025

bryanj1025

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Trust me I’m not used to it. My 7qt mobile 1 and filter cost me $54

squadco343

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Hello all I have a 2014 ram 1500 5.7 with 41,000 miles. I’m going to make this a short story and I would like to see if I’m the only one going through this. Back in 2017 I bought my ram and a month into owning it with 25,000 miless it started making a knock noise on start up until it got warm, dealer said cam and lifters and sent it for warranty cool great, picked it up 3 weeks later same noise and issues, dealer said it was normal after they did $8000 in warranty repairs lost that battle said they were not going to do anything with it anymore cool great!, 2 years go by and the staff is no longer the same so I bring it back due to gold chunks of metal in the oil, they said cam bearings wiped and should have been looked at when it got repaired the first time ok cool, now they give me a brand new engine (not remanufactured) they only had new stock left since being high in demand, they installed it and I have 2300 on the new motor and I broke it in with regular conventional for 800 then switched to synthetic, since day one the engine starts sounding like marbles and the lifters bleed down when the engine is warm and has been driving, called the dealer they said they will no longer service my vehicle I guess because I’m wrong for being a pain in the a$$ whatever I’m not wrong trust me my new engine sounds worse then the original, long story short I find another dealer and they said yea lifters are bad on passenger side and we are going to replace them it’s bad something is wrong in there ok cool great!, dealer called and said we are going to tear it apart Monday ok great! Monday comes around and dealer calls and said Chrysler engineering called us and said pull the plug on the warranty work it’s operating as designed and return truck back to customer. And just like that I lost the battle because Chrysler claimed if the bleed down does not last more than 6 seconds it’s normal, mind you I own a 2012, 2014, and a 2013 and never I’m my life heard these noises. WHAT DO I DO!! So frustrated

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO LIVED WITH! WENT THRU A SIMILAR PROBLEM AND IT WAS RESOLVED BY A LEMON LAW ATTORNEY AT NO COST TO ME. WANT TO SOLVE THIS, CALL 813-839-2000. www.CremeensLaw.com. I ASSURE YOU YOUR PROBLEM WILL BE SOLVE TO YOUR SATISFACTION!!! NEED MORE EMAIL AT [email protected]

rick chew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
our 04 5.7s dead all the same symptoms listed above,, ... we are jus going straight up SRT 6.4 (wanting a 600 hp + ...) any and all advice, sound/experienced advise IS TOTALLY WELCOME,,, thank you all for the knowledge we learn here,