NEW JBA 1 3/4" Longtube Headers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hemi450hp

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
What finish do you have on your headers ?

I'm assuming the titanium coating because it does not hold up well to northern winters. Their silver ceramic is a much better coating.

Txhemirt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm assuming the titanium coating because it does not hold up well to northern winters. Their silver ceramic is a much better coating.

I was eyeing the silver ceramic coated ones so that is good. My only concern is the fitment. Hopefully they won't be an issue and have to be dented.

Backwoods

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I 3/4" are better for just about everyone in a truck. I only recommend 1 7/8" on trucks with big Tq converters, a lot of gear, and 6500+ rpm shift points.

Awesome Thanks, they are definitely on my list of mods to do.

HEMI_Finn

U.S. ARMY Veteran
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I'm not a fan of the JBA gaskets, but their bolts woks perfectly fine. They use the U bolt style clamps, so those can be upgraded to a band clamp if you wanted to.

JBA does not offer a Y-pipe with cats though...only catless.

As someone who has never ran headers and is limited in knowledge about them, how big of a deal is a cat-less Y-pipe? I don't have to worry about emissions testing if that is their only function.

12vrunner

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Got my arh headers on with a tune and are straight amazing. Big difference and sound is awesome. Only issue were the driver side header hooks up to down pipe its touching the brake line plastic line holder piece on the frame. May just need to play with it but its tight.

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

No winters or Salt on the roads in Victoria BC :favorites13:

Bobbo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As someone who has never ran headers and is limited in knowledge about them, how big of a deal is a cat-less Y-pipe? I don't have to worry about emissions testing if that is their only function.
Yup, that's the main function. Without cats you will get more air flow, will be a bit louder, and you may smell some unburnt fuel if you are hanging around the tailpipes.
You will also get a check engine light from the downstream O2 sensors. You can have that disabled by a custom tune. I've also heard of people using anti-foulers to get rid of the CEL.

Andrew09HEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I'm sure they'd bolt up but the Y pipe would have to be different and I'm not sure if the clearance with the frame would be similar or not.