New [LIGHT BAR] LED Tail Lights Look!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

curryb15

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V8 hemi
Thanks ! Next is in waiting for OEM projectors to come from rock auto and I'm sending them off to retro shop for hid kit and halo install

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Are you guys getting any error codes with these? The listing says:

"2013-2017 MODELS W/ INCANDESCENT TAIL LIGHTS & 7" EVIC WILL SHOW "PARKING LIGHT OUT" ON EVIC".

I just pulled my LED bulbs because of error codes and went back to stock bulbs. I'm looking for something LED that won't throw codes without adding resistors to the wires.

I'm looking at these 2 lights:
1) http://www.ebay.com/itm/361871121752?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

2) http://www.ebay.com/itm/381950304805?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Last edited:

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Are you guys getting any error codes with these? The listing says:

"2013-2017 MODELS W/ INCANDESCENT TAIL LIGHTS & 7" EVIC WILL SHOW "PARKING LIGHT OUT" ON EVIC".

I just pulled my LED bulbs because of error codes and went back to stock bulbs. I'm looking for something LED that won't throw codes without adding resistors to the wires.

I'm looking at these 2 lights:
1) Black Smoke 2009-2017 Dodge Ram 1500 10-17 2500 3500 LED Tube Tail Lights Lamps | eBay

2) 2009-2017 Dodge Ram 1500 10-17 2500 3500 Red Clear LED Tube Tail Lights Lamps | eBay

not a single code yet, there is no reason for them to throw a code honestly

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

That's good to know. I'm sure they have to put that disclaimer in for legal purposes, but it was enough to make me think "hmmm".

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's good to know. I'm sure they have to put that disclaimer in for legal purposes, but it was enough to make me think "hmmm".

I am the one that types that on the eBay listings
It appears that all models with incandescent tail lights and the 7" cluster will show parking light out
I just tested them on my truck today and yesterday
That's because all led tail lights need a resistor for the parking light and signal
And all the led tail lights in the market only have resistors for the turn signal

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

If you have a 3.5 cluster you are fine.
If you have a 7" cluster you will show a parking light out error code

We didn't put that for legal reasons
I typed that in to let everyone know lol

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6

No error codes at all on my 15 with the 7" cluster.
I have leds all around the truck and I'm error free

this is on the other tail light thread...

http://www.ramforum.com/1492623-post58.html

how does he not get a notification?

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hmmm that is odd if that is true.

As soon as i put my 7" clsuter from my 3.5 cluster I had license plate light out, parking light out and reverse light out.
All becasue they had LEDs on them.

Does anyone here have a truck with factory Incandescent Tail Lights with a FACTORY INSTALLED 7" Cluster that has a parking light error code with some aftermarket led tail lights?

I'm not talking about the OEM led tail lights with the harness that has resistors, obviously those are all fine..
Im asking so i can work with the factory to add the extra resistors needed to fix the error code

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
Hmmm that is odd if that is true.

As soon as i put my 7" clsuter from my 3.5 cluster I had license plate light out, parking light out and reverse light out.
All becasue they had LEDs on them.

Does anyone here have a truck with factory Incandescent Tail Lights with a FACTORY INSTALLED 7" Cluster that has a parking light error code with some aftermarket led tail lights?

I'm not talking about the OEM led tail lights with the harness that has resistors, obviously those are all fine..
Im asking so i can work with the factory to add the extra resistors needed to fix the error code

my dad has a 2016 with the factory 7" cluster, ill have to see if he will let me test a tail light on his truck next week when i see him, i hope it all works without a resistor, i was hoping to surprise him with a set of red lens version of these

Demon-HeMi

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003, 2003, 2008, & 2013
Engine
(2) 5.7 HEMI, 3.7, & 3.6
i just called him and he said when i see him next monday he will let me test what ever i need to test so ill post up my results when i try it out

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi

So... Why don't they go ahead and add the resistor in the wiring? Seems like that would be the logical thing to do, to me. I'm not trying to be a smarta**, just thinking that would make it a true plug-n-play set up with no error codes.

I have a 2014... Put LED CANBUS bulbs in license plate, no codes. Put them in reverse lights and 3rd brake light, got an error code for both. So I took them back out.

I really like the look of the lights, and the price. But if they cause error codes, I'll hold off until a other version comes out. Thanks for the clarification, though. [emoji106][emoji481]

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the 7" cluster from the factory and I have these tail lights, I do not get any error codes at all. I even drive with my parking lights on by itself and no codes.
I also have all canbus led bulbs in the reverse, 3rd brake, license plate, cargo and interior lights and it's all good.

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
i just called him and he said when i see him next monday he will let me test what ever i need to test so ill post up my results when i try it out

Can you please put both tail lights on and then check for codes
You may need to scroll through the evic to find them if they don't pop out

Can you post pics Too when you install them

OP
OP
PNUTLT1

PNUTLT1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So... Why don't they go ahead and add the resistor in the wiring? Seems like that would be the logical thing to do, to me. I'm not trying to be a smarta**, just thinking that would make it a true plug-n-play set up with no error codes.

I have a 2014... Put LED CANBUS bulbs in license plate, no codes. Put them in reverse lights and 3rd brake light, got an error code for both. So I took them back out.

I really like the look of the lights, and the price. But if they cause error codes, I'll hold off until a other version comes out. Thanks for the clarification, though. [emoji106][emoji481]

They been having the original Spyder/ Recon led tail lights since like 2010
And back then it was no issue
Now that these 13-17 have a smarter cluster that says everything that's wrong with the trucks
The tail lights need an update
And they don't want to spend money trying to update them again if it's only some 13-17 slt, lone star and big horn models that have this issue

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Alright probably a really stupid question, how can I tell easily if I have factory LED tail lights? Love the look of these lights!

lonestar21

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Alright probably a really stupid question, how can I tell easily if I have factory LED tail lights? Love the look of these lights!

Judging from your post you have a Laramie therefore you have Led tail lights, and these tail lights are not compatible with your truck.

mdifilippo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Thanks lonestar21, I was pretty sure I did but it's not actually specified anywhere.

EagleChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
They been having the original Spyder/ Recon led tail lights since like 2010
And back then it was no issue
Now that these 13-17 have a smarter cluster that says everything that's wrong with the trucks
The tail lights need an update
And they don't want to spend money trying to update them again if it's only some 13-17 slt, lone star and big horn models that have this issue

I completely understand. If it's a select few, as it's becoming apparent, then spending the extra money doesn't make sense from a business standpoint.