new Ram 1500 & Kodiak travel trailer owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BruceMorgan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My wife and I recently bought a new 2017 Ram 1500, an Express quad cab optioned up a bit with the 5.7 V8, 3.92 axle + trailer package, 20" chrome wheels. My wife and I have owned several trucks over the last twenty years, but this is my first Ram. Our only other Dodge truck / SUV was a 1998 Durango.

The #1 use for this truck is to tow the Kodiak Ultralight 201QB trailer we bought at the Seattle RV show last February. We had a 2007 Nissan Frontier NISMO edition, which I sold to my daughter's fiancé because it was just a little too small to pull that trailer with ease. For 20+ years I've wanted an RV and we finally pulled the trigger (in other words, she said "yes!") and the Ram tows it wonderfully!

I got a good deal on it since it was the last 2017 the local AutoNation dealer had on the lot. They had a ton of 2018s on the lot, several 2019s on the way, and they clearly wanted to unload this quad cab. It had 490 miles on it from a lot of lookie-lous, probably families that wanted a nicer interior than gray cloth, or more room than a quad cab, or more tow capacity, etc. But it was perfect for my needs.

The truck is bright white Express so it has the body colored bumpers, and the chrome wheels. I decided city truck is the look I'm going for with this truck. Not too offroad, not too "work truck", not too zombie apocalypse bug-out vehicle. So it will be pretty mild.

Over the last few weeks I've installed a DualLiner bedliner, WeatherTech mudflaps, Westin R5 steps, and the upper glove box. I have steering wheel radio controls sitting on the work bench waiting for me to install them. And I have a fold flat floor on order as well as an UnderCover Elite LX painted tonneau cover.

ram-4-22-18.jpg

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Welcome to RamForum and congrats on the new truck!