New Safety Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Trap_Shooter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 5.9
I was on a Ram lot this past Saturday that had 9-10 sitting with these stickers.

a3c74f1af0853bdd560637e16c4e6023.jpg
e4bc3a1cca68dd89ce13a220c7821ef0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ricky Herring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Great, maybe they will hurry up and get a fix for mine. So do I tow with it and risk burning it and me up, or let it sit in the driveway? This was my first Ram ever, not sure I made a wise choice.

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
Great news, my dealership texted me that all their 68RFEs that are slated for immediate sales are expected to be fixed as early as the end of this month. Appears the parts and fix will happen sooner than originally thought. Myself, I ended up switching from a 2500 on the lot to ordering exactly what I want in a 3500 so I'm hoping the fix is already being implemented in the factory.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Great, maybe they will hurry up and get a fix for mine. So do I tow with it and risk burning it and me up, or let it sit in the driveway? This was my first Ram ever, not sure I made a wise choice.

Hey, Ricky. If you have an open recall associated to your vehicle, we do recommend having that addressed as soon as possible. Please send us a private message if you need assistance.

Kate
RamCares

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Hey, Ricky. If you have an open recall associated to your vehicle, we do recommend having that addressed as soon as possible. Please send us a private message if you need assistance.

Kate
RamCares

Any updates you can provide about this recall would be greatly appreciated. My 2500 order is stuck in Mexico pending this fix.

Ricky Herring

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins 6.7
Any updates you can provide about this recall would be greatly appreciated. My 2500 order is stuck in Mexico pending this fix.

Mine is stuck in Denver with a 12,000LB 5th wheel attached to it. Do I tow it home to Arizona and risk burning it and my family up? I called the dealer and the Chrysler recall department yesterday 2/17/2020. they are no help. No advise on how to mitigate the issue, no advise on driving it or parking it. no idea how long till a fix will be figured out.

Blazin383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Mine’s sitting with all the paperwork done, just waiting on the fix. Gave me enough time to discover the 2500 Ram Limited I’m waiting on only has 1830 lbs payload! Caused me to stop by the Ford dealership and check out the 2020 loaded F250 Power Stroke with the new 10 speed trans, that somehow has double the payload of the Ram. Causing me to reconsider waiting another 3-4 weeks for Ram to get my unused truck fixed.

Blazin383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
On the plus side, yours will probably one of the first ones your dealer fixes when they get the parts so they can close the deal. Not so much for the folks who have already taken delivery.
Checked with my dealer yesterday. He said they might have a fix as early as next week. I’m thinking he may be just trying to appease me and keep me from pulling my deal and going elsewhere rather than wait around for another month. He also told me the situation has dropped their HD truck sales from about 90/mo to under 40, and that FCA really doesn’t do much to work with the dealerships on the situation.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
The sheet on dealerconnect says 2/27/2020. So yes it is due late next week. I think that means the parts will be ready. When the actual vehicles get fixed is anybodies guess.

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
The sheet on dealerconnect says 2/27/2020. So yes it is due late next week. I think that means the parts will be ready. When the actual vehicles get fixed is anybodies guess.
Like others have pointed out on here, the dealerships are going to fix anything pending a sale first. That's just the nature of the beast. I'm just hoping the manufacturing plant in Mexico have this fix implemented already and the new builds will be good to go.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Unfortunately, litzdog911, your vehicle build is contingent on the recall fix. That said, we recommend staying in touch with your purchasing dealer for more information.

Kate
RamCares

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Looks like the recall work has been completed on my 2500 Limited ordered in November and stuck at the factory in Mexico. Window Sticker now live and dealer says he expects delivery in 3 weeks.

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
Looks like the recall work has been completed on my 2500 Limited ordered in November and stuck at the factory in Mexico. Window Sticker now live and dealer says he expects delivery in 3 weeks.
So I suspect your truck was already built when the recall came out and they have to fix it after. I can't imagine how many trucks they had in the shipping lot they had to bring back in for the recall fix.

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Mine’s sitting with all the paperwork done, just waiting on the fix. Gave me enough time to discover the 2500 Ram Limited I’m waiting on only has 1830 lbs payload! Caused me to stop by the Ford dealership and check out the 2020 loaded F250 Power Stroke with the new 10 speed trans, that somehow has double the payload of the Ram. Causing me to reconsider waiting another 3-4 weeks for Ram to get my unused truck fixed.
good luck trying to get your money back on the Ram

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

Glad to hear it, litzdog911! Continue to stay in touch with your dealer for updates.

Kate
RamCares

Ranchomerced

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Wonder if these parts are supplied from China? I was told yesterday no ETA on new valve bodies.. 16 dead trucks in the lot ahead of me. Told me to check back in a month or two. I haul multi million dollar classic cars cant afford to get stranded with a 1955 300SL in the trailer. At a loss as to what to do.

Ranchomerced

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Dealer told me today each dealer is only allowed to order two Valve bodies a month. Also the regen recall is directly related and both recall jobs have to be done at the same time. I am 4- 5 month wait for parts at this point. Dont know what to do.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Dealer told me today each dealer is only allowed to order two Valve bodies a month. Also the regen recall is directly related and both recall jobs have to be done at the same time. I am 4- 5 month wait for parts at this point. Dont know what to do.

Do you haul for a living?

It would be a bit expensive but might be cheaper than loosing 5 moths of business to get an aftermarket transmission installed. On the plus side you would have an upgraded transmission for hauling. Once the dealer has the parts perhaps they can put them in your original transmission and you could sell it to offset some of your losses.

Or look for a used fairly recent 3500 to use until yours is fixed. Then decide which one to sell.

It is definitely a tough position to not have your truck for 5 months when you have work that needs to be done.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a

This is definitely frustrating, Ranchomerced. If you'd like, our team would be happy to discuss this further with you, just send us a private message.

Kate
RamCares

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca