New Safety Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Got a text from my dealership saying the recall is a sensor issue that needs a part. Of course when that part gets manufactured and sent out to the dealership's is anyone's guess.

We understand your frustration here, Lovegolf44. Our team does recommend staying in touch with your dealership regarding this. As always, if you have any questions, our team is a private message away.

Kate
RamCares

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
Got a text from my dealership saying the recall is a sensor issue that needs a part. Of course when that part gets manufactured and sent out to the dealership's is anyone's guess.

We understand your frustration here, Lovegolf44. Our team does recommend staying in touch with your dealership regarding this. As always, if you have any questions, our team is a private message away.

Kate
RamCares

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
Got this off a site called CarComplaints.com "The Ram 2500 and 3500 recall is expected to begin March 14, 2020. Ram dealerships will replace the transmission valve body separator plates and reprogram the powertrain control modules."

Perhaps RamCares can comment on this but I assume the part(s)/fix will be available at the dealerships 3/14/20. I would assume the priority will be existing 2019s on the road and then the dealerships can start fixing their inventory.

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Got this off a site called CarComplaints.com "The Ram 2500 and 3500 recall is expected to begin March 14, 2020. Ram dealerships will replace the transmission valve body separator plates and reprogram the powertrain control modules."

Perhaps RamCares can comment on this but I assume the part(s)/fix will be available at the dealerships 3/14/20. I would assume the priority will be existing 2019s on the road and then the dealerships can start fixing their inventory.

I'd be curious to see peoples feedback on how the truck performs after this? Don't know the details but if I had to guess I would say they upped the line pressures etc in the new trucks to handle a little more power then the previous years and are now having issues. I would almost bet the "reprogram" of the PCM will be adding more torque management and throttling back the power a little bit.

Blazin383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel

I think you have the priorities backwards. The dealer will fix their inventory first so they can sell the trucks. ;)

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Yeah, sucks! I did all the paperwork on a new $80k Limited then was told I can’t take possession until they resolve the recall issue. Irritating to the point where I’m tempted to cancel the deal and go down the road!

You’re not alone. My 2500 Limited, ordered 11/14/19, is in the same boat.

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
I'd be curious to see peoples feedback on how the truck performs after this? Don't know the details but if I had to guess I would say they upped the line pressures etc in the new trucks to handle a little more power then the previous years and are now having issues. I would almost bet the "reprogram" of the PCM will be adding more torque management and throttling back the power a little bit.

I had a similar thought about that but they would have to adjust the boost in the turbo-charger as well I imagine. That wouldn't bode well given this engine is sold with a certain HP/LB-FT torque specification. BMW did that with their 3-series turbo cars a while back and owners went ballistic.

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
Yeah, love the idea of my new $80k truck sitting out on the lot for a month while they figure it out! No money has changed hands yet so it better be perfect whenever they say we can come get it!
I think you and I will be lucky if it's only a month. The recall notice with the fix doesn't even go out to customers until around the 3rd week of March from what I read.

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
Yeah, love the idea of my new $80k truck sitting out on the lot for a month while they figure it out! No money has changed hands yet so it better be perfect whenever they say we can come get it!

On the plus side, yours will probably one of the first ones your dealer fixes when they get the parts so they can close the deal. Not so much for the folks who have already taken delivery.

OP
OP
Lovegolf44

Lovegolf44

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6 cyl
On the plus side, yours will probably one of the first ones your dealer fixes when they get the parts so they can close the deal. Not so much for the folks who have already taken delivery.
Be interesting to see what kind of guidance FCA gives the dealerships because those vehicles on the road are at risk vs those on lots, not so much. One would think if NHTSA has any say, they would direct FCA to fix the vehicles on the road first. From a money talks standpoint, yes it wouldn't surprise me if the dealerships fix the lot trucks pending sales first. Lmao.

Ping Sr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
One dealer told me they expected parts in September. Another told me they would sell the truck then fix to keep from using parts on trucks just sitting on lot. Both admitted there will be labor issues because of number of transmission mechanics is limited.
I bought a 2018 instead.

litzdog911

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
One dealer told me they expected parts in September. Another told me they would sell the truck then fix to keep from using parts on trucks just sitting on lot. Both admitted there will be labor issues because of number of transmission mechanics is limited.
I bought a 2018 instead.

September!?!
That’s crazy.