New to me 2018 Power Wagon. Spend my money!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I picked up a very loaded Power Wagon a few days ago and these trucks are very new to me. I plan on keeping it a long time. I'm working on tires and wheels at the moment. (It seems that an 18 to 20 offset wheels with 35's is a pretty good balance). Are there any other must haves or must do's that I need to accomplish soon or relatively soon? I'm not happy with the stock rubber floor mats so I have some X-Act contour Husky Liners on the way. The truck is getting a spray in bed liner in a few days. (I have the RAM Box) It's also getting some AEV mud flaps. I was hoping I could swap the exhaust out with my dad's truck but I'm unsure if that'll fit yet. He has a 2014 Laramie 2500 that we put a gibson setup on it but he still thinks it's too loud. ( I DON'T!!). I was hoping to swap him and give him my stock setup. That's where I'm at right now.

I kind of want to put fox shocks all around. I don't have a particularly good reason to other than I want to.

Any comments or constructive criticism will be appreciated. I will admit that this will largely be a pavement queen but I do haul wheelers and materials to my shack on a frequent basis but it's mainly my commuter vehicle a very short drive to work. I also live in northern MN so it'll see the frozen lakes in the winter for ice fishing and the occasional hunting trip.

Westwind1124a

Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 ZR2Hd
Engine
6.6 Duramax
Not much help here. I bought mine because it came “done” as far as I was concerned. Do post anything that you do for upgrades and good luck!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
I did the Diamond Back cover to protect my cargo and to haul a ATV on top.
Do you like lights?
The stock tires you have are pretty good for the snow but if you want to change them I would still stick with a A/T unless you keep your stock setup for the winter. If so the Toyo M/T is the way to go.
The Solo delete has been very popular to give the deeper and louder exhaust note.

Last edited:
OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It has cooper stt pros on it but they need to be bigger. I’ve been running trail grapplers for years and may switch to those. What’s the solo delete?

Tpettit

TAPPER
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I also plan on keeping my 2018 PW, hopefully till I don't need a vehicle anymore, so I started with some (surprisingly) good quality seat covers from https://realtruck.com/p/skanda-realtree-neosupreme-seat-covers/v/ram/truck-2500/2018/. Real happy with these covers. Nice thick material, great fit....and CAMO! ;) They add to the already comfortable seats and will definitely extend the life of the original seat covering. They also help warm up my skinny butt, as I didn't get the heated seats....

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Well the 315s are on order. Couldn’t stand it. Anyone know of the exhaust systems on the 2014 trucks and the 2018 2500s are interchangeable?

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
yeah I had someone from gibson tell me that my dad's exhaust from his 2014 wouldn't swap over to my power wagon. I have stock and he has a gibson setup that he doesn't like that I do....blah blah blah. I wasn't buying it.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
yeah I had someone from gibson tell me that my dad's exhaust from his 2014 wouldn't swap over to my power wagon. I have stock and he has a gibson setup that he doesn't like that I do....blah blah blah. I wasn't buying it.

Well, you have a ‘19. They very well could be slightly different... they have a completely new frame.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 18.

oh, gotchya. Your info states its a ‘19.

should be the same. Possibly could be a minor difference if it wasnt for a power wagon, but if so I would guess that it would be a very minor difference.

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does it? The title said 18. Oh well. I need to update all my stuff. I’ll be working midnights so I’ll dial it all in. Signature etc.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does it? The title said 18. Oh well. I need to update all my stuff. I’ll be working midnights so I’ll dial it all in. Signature etc.

yea, the title does say 2018, but over on the side it says 2019.
B473B5D9-06CE-4229-8EE2-A24DB5D5753B.jpeg

OP
OP
thkbaron

thkbaron

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I did the Diamond Back cover to protect my cargo and to haul a ATV on top.
Do you like lights?
The stock tires you have are pretty good for the snow but if you want to change them I would still stick with a A/T unless you keep your stock setup for the winter. If so the Toyo M/T is the way to go.
The Solo delete has been very popular to give the deeper and louder exhaust note.

I've really wanted one of those diamond back covers for years but I occasionally need to haul things higher than the bed. I'm getting my 315 70 17 stt pros installed on Friday. Trying to decide whether I want the white letters out or in now. I'm perfectly happy with the stock wheels for now. I also got the huskyliner mats tossed in today.

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've really wanted one of those diamond back covers for years but I occasionally need to haul things higher than the bed. I'm getting my 315 70 17 stt pros installed on Friday. Trying to decide whether I want the white letters out or in now. I'm perfectly happy with the stock wheels for now. I also got the huskyliner mats tossed in today.

white walls out for the win!!!!!!

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Yeah this is the 2nd truck I put this cover on and though it cost more, it is a HD cover and we do have a HD truck...
I know white out is popular recently on tires, but I still only like white out for classics, and not for newer models if you where asking opinions about it.