New truck order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JoeZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
I ordered my truck on April 17 and have a VIN # now. The dealer told me it is in D status. Can anyone tell me what D status means?

IS there a site to track the progress of the truck order?

THanks

Joe

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If you are friendly with your Salesman, he can ask the dealerships Sales Manager or Assistant Sales Manager for updates during the process.
( that Manager may or may not give the salesman an answer )

Sometimes Ram Chat can also help you with that.

As for Build Code D, that means that most of the paperwork is done & they are checking inventory for the parts needed to build your Ram.

When they know that they have everything needed to build your Ram, the Build Code will change to D1.
At that time, they will assign a Date & Time for your Ram to begin Assembly.
That date maybe a few days or possibly a week or 2

foolishpride

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I ordered my truck on April 17 and have a VIN # now. The dealer told me it is in D status. Can anyone tell me what D status means?

IS there a site to track the progress of the truck order?

THanks

Joe

Here are the codes someone on the other forum posted.

Scheduled:

C sub firm
D firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1 gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

Assembly Line:

E frame
F paint
G trim
Assembly Completed:

I built not ok'd
J built ok'd
JB shipped to body vendor
JE emission check
JS shipped to storage
KZ released by plant , invoiced

Shipping Status:

KZ L – released but not shipped
KZ M – first rail departure
KZ N – first rail arrival
KZ O – delayed/received
KZ-P - Arrived Ship - Thru Body Vendor
KZ OA – plant hold, quality audit
KZ OB – zone, dealer, sales, vehicle prep, tax, diversion or derailment hold, dealer refusal, vehicle diverted
KZ OC – carrier delay, strike-bound, emission or safety hold, rail car shortage, bad or insufficient load, inclement weather, need shipping order, manifest error
KZ OD – mechanical failure, glass damage, vehicle in repair, lacking parts or storage hold
KZ OE – misdropped or misshipped vehicle
KZ OF – shipped air freight, stolen vehicle recovered, show vehicle, test info code, vessel sailed
KZ OG – damaged vehicle, stolen vehicle, abandon to carrier, vehicle scrapped, donate vehicle, repair and auction
KZ OH – all other “O” type carrier codes
KZ T – second rail departure
KZ U – second rail arrival
KZ X – delivered to dealer
KZ Y1 – major damage – must not be sold as new
KZ Y2 – major damage – vehicle sold at auction

B - Your order exists but isn't fully confirmed yet. Plant doesn't know about it yet. Systems are checking the order to ensure it's valid in terms of sales codes, Finance is checking to make sure the dealer has all their ducks in a row, etc.

C - Your order is "subfirm". The plant can see the order at this point but it's not fully committed to building as the supplier may or may not be able to get parts to the plant to build the truck. I am not sure of all the details on this state yet so I can't comment further.

D - Firm order. Your order now has a name instead of a number: A VIN! Materials should have been ordered by this point if all goes well, you should have a truck.
D1 - The date is set for your truck to be built. The plant knows when it should have parts sequenced for building and it should start to be built within 48 hours of the date set.

D2 - It's going to be built. The computers are being programmed, materials are being sequenced, framing is about to occur.

E - Frame. Metal is welded together to form the body and frame. The body is inspected at the end of this step to ensure it's within tolerances.

F - Paint. The metal is coated, primed, sprayed, clearcoated, polished, inspected, and hand finished if necessary.

G - Trim. The engine is installed in the chassis, the interior is installed, the chassis is mated to the body, the bed is put on. At the end of this, your truck is built.

I - Inspection. Your truck goes through a battery of shakedown tests and measurements are taken to ensure the vehicle looks and performs as expected.

JB - Body Vendor. The vehicle is sent off site to have a spray liner put in, steps, etc.

JS - Storage. Some of you call this "Prison". I like to think of it as QA trying to ensure you get what you expected. Typically if something happens or is found in the I step (or even a previous step), it goes here to get checked and fixed. A panel looks off color, a part on your truck was in the same batch as a bunch of failed parts, a light doesn't turn on, etc will all cause the truck to get sent here for a detailed inspection and fix.
Another reason it can end up here is either the dealer has asked to have the trucked delayed (it has a full lot and can only handle so many) or it has a special event coming up. Typically that isn't done on a sold order. It can also end up here at the start of a model year where production is ramping up but the vehicle has not be released (or certified) for shipment.

KZ - Shipment. The truck is ready to be shipped. The dealer is actually charged for the truck. As you all know, this can be a source of delay. Typically you see me put two statuses here: Awaiting Shipment and "Staged for Shipment". The first means it is in the general shipping yard waiting to be pulled to be put on a truck and/or train. The second means it has been pulled to be put on a truck and/or train but it hasn't actually got on the truck or train yet. There are a ton of substatuses here to track the status of the vehicle as it makes its way through the shipping system. KZX is the only one that you really care about as that means it was delivered to the dealer.

OP
OP
J

JoeZ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi V8
Thank you both for your responses. Any and all info is useful since no proper official website exists to track new orders. I appreciate it all.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therapywolf