New truck owner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Arns44e

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah, I popped my truck cherry. Came back from a 1 year deployment. Was searching online. Wife said,"That looks nice and its not that expensive." Sold... Now that you know I'm a first timer at this don't be to hard on me. Trying to find out what the best things I can do to improve my MPGs without voiding the warranty. I plan on having for long into the future so I purchased an additionaly 70,000 mile bumper to bumper. The truck is a Hemi 5.7L 4Dr Quad Cab Big Horn.

SDChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
nice. literally just made the same purchase. Dont think theres really much you can do for mpg. just lay off the lead foot

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
welcome to the Ram Forum. There is a terrific search function on here and the site is well maintained. There is a lot of information in here. Most guys are doing CAI (Vavaram) and throttle body etc. Do you know what ring gear you have? Some are saying mpg improvement with the CAI. I added a bed cover to my little Express and picked up 1mpg.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard!
I also gained 1MPG with my CAI (S&B) but saw no gains at all from the ported TB.
I would strongly urge you into considering a catch can. Do some reading (there are some good, recent threads still going) on whether it's something you're interested in. Not a power or MPG necessarily, but great for the life of the engine.

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Welcome to the forum! Thanks for your service also. I have to Vararam cold air intake on my Ram...I just went on a roadtrip to North Carolina and averaged a little over 20 MPGs for the whole trip.

Other than that...like it has been said...just be easy on the pedal.

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Welcome. I as well saw an increase with my CAI. Some have great luck with tuners others not so much. Unfortunately there is no magic answer for better mileage then buying a tesla or prius. But then again you bought a truck for a reason so you know what your getting into. Thanks for your service.

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Welcome home and welcome to the forum!! Congrats on the new truck!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JimsRamTruck2012

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
:welcome: As you can see members are willing to answer questions. The best advice for mpgs is to keep your foot out of it, but I will say that is not easy when you have a Hemi under the hood. Anyway enjoy the truck.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the site.:rockit: