Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redeye4u

Reaction score
Ram Year
2008 1500
Engine
hemi 5.7
HI everybody. Just purchased 08 1500 quad. Only 40,000 one owner. Could not go wrong on price. It has the 5.7 hemi. :) I do have one question so far. My right passenger heated mirror is not working. What I would like to do is use a mirror glass from the drivers side on the passenger side. Would this work. They look the same. Great to have a truck again.

xb1230

Hobby Mechanic
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
:welcome:

Are you sure the issue is with the heated glass and not the wiring?

I would make sure current is getting to the mirror's glass before swapping anything.

As for the glass fitting or not, I know that if you have towing mirrors it won't work, but for short regular mirrors I could not tell you.

Good luck.

LS5DodgeRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L v8
Check to see if it had the heat logo on the mirror. If It doesn't then it's a possibility he replace it with a manual one. Other than that maybe take the door panel off and check to see if the harness is connected correctly or to see if any wires any are cut