NG Post...Lift Goodies Ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MidwestExpress

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7L
Would the alignment numbers be off the next day after install and say a month later, after settlement?

I've had 5100s set at 2.8 for 5 years, my truck has sagged down quite a bit since they were installed. I actually had an alignment check about 9 months ago and they said everything was fine. So, my experience is that it should be ok after the 1st alignment. But, we'll see what Chris Kyle's shop says and also some of the more knowledgeable alignment members here may chime in.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Maybe...I’m not sure. I have to go back in two weeks to retorque stuff, and will ask.

It depends on what was done initially but it should be ok for the most part and you shouldn’t have to worry about anything in such short period of time. Let the suspension settle in full, if you want to double check wait for your 5k oil change interval or so.

Do you have the alignment sheet?
You have a lot more adjustability in your caster/camber now because of the Zone ucas with respect of the stockers so if it was needed you can ask the shop to bump your caster up to avoid rubbing though in your case that doesn’t seem necessary.

I was running 315/70/17 Falken AT3W with the same fender measurements you have at the moment front and rear with zero rubbing in any of offroad trails i do. wheels are 17x9 -12offset. I’m running 37x12.5x17 BFG KO2 now on the same wheels and i have some cosmetic rubbing in the front . I'm at 40.25" front, 41.5" rear and still doing the same offroad trails.

OP
OP
Chris Kyle

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Next on the mod list is the Ecodiesel airbox mod and figuring out the best way to tell the truck it has big shoes now.

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think you should be able to use Alphaobd to calibrate your tire size. I'm using HPTuners for that and a bunch of other stuff relating engine/trans management, but when i programmed my TPMS with Alphaobd i saw the option to calibrate for tire size.

OP
OP
Chris Kyle

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks really great, I'm curious how close the tire is to the upper control arms near the ball joint
Ok, it’s been raining constantly here, but I finally was able to measure between the tire and upper ball joint...using the very precise method of sticking my finger in between the two, lol. Anyways, there is 11/16” gap, or just shy of 3/4”. Is that a decent amount of space? I have no idea...never checked the stock tire.

JB1

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok, it’s been raining constantly here, but I finally was able to measure between the tire and upper ball joint...using the very precise method of sticking my finger in between the two, lol. Anyways, there is 11/16” gap, or just shy of 3/4”. Is that a decent amount of space? I have no idea...never checked the stock tire.

That’s plenty of clearance, your good to go :cheers:

OP
OP
Chris Kyle

Chris Kyle

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It's been raining a lot down here in FL. Just north of the middle of town there is...basically, a bandit trail that's all sandy, rough and off camber everywhere. I dropped my boy off at school this morning and hit the bandit trail before work. It was a lot of fun and I'm pretty sure I made use of most of the suspension travel. The Ridge Grapplers gripped sand and mud like champs. They pretty much rolled right trough some deep wallowed out ruts of sand and mud alike with ease. I hit straighter sections of the trail with speed and the suspension nicely absorbed the impacts and kept the tires planted.