Nitrous questions....with install coming soon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheBlackHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok since I'm passing on a supercharger (want my tranny to last a little longer) and I'm still waiting on more real life gains with the new 4gen heads and cams, So I've decide to go the nitrous route.....I have a couple of question though for guys that have run nitrous.

I'm sure the 3gens or different from the 4gens but what plugs (brand/part no.) do I need to run?

What switches (wot, progressive, window...etc) are you guys running and the guys spraying off the line through shifts whats your thoughts on doing a window switch instead for the trannys sake?

I'm going to ditch the old bottle heater and plan on using the nano nitrous system instead...has anyone tried this?

Also I'm looking to spray through a plate for the simple fact it's suppose to be better and with the vararam there's no where to install the nozzle....The brand I'm most likely doing is nitrous outlet plate kit but is there anything else you guys recommend?

With that being said I'm running 17" DRs and I'm leaning on starting out at a 75shot but what's the biggest shot you guys I can take safely and able to hook?......FYI I will also have a wideband, no2 pressure gauge, purge kit, blowdown tube, fuel pressure safety switch and will be tuned for it.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
The plug part# you need is 3381 which are 1 step colder. As for the rest, I'm glad you decided to go with the Nano system. Having said that, I would hold off on that and the progressive controller until you have some drive time on the nitrous first. The simple plate kit with the accessory package is goig to be more than enough for the smaller shot that you plan to start off with.

OP
OP
TheBlackHemi

TheBlackHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh ok....I see them on your site now. I think I'm gonna buy them through advance auto parts because I'm buying my mom some brakes too and it's a tad over 100 dollars and there's a coupon code right now to save me 40.....basically almost free lol. I will be in contact though when I'm ready to buy at the end of the month. I just though I'd get more info before making out my part list for you. Haha

Yeah after digging around more on other forums last night about the nano system I decided if I'm gonna do it I might as well do it right....it's only really $200-225 more since I don't have to buy the bottle heater anymore.

LWP427

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 R/T
Engine
Nitrous

I have run Nitrous on several cars, trucks and Harleys. The leaders in Nitrous are Mike Thermos and Dale Vaznaian. They started and ran NOS for over 20 years. Mile has went back in the Nitrous business and has over 30 years expertise. He can build anything you wish....................Larry

Nitrous Supply
15552 Producer Lane
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
(714) 373-1886

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Matt what system do you recommend running on 4th gens?

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
HAHA. I am a big fan of Nitrous Outlet, and their plate system is tough to beat. Using a plate is going to give you a direct shot of nitrous and fuel into your intake manifold. With your intake, this is an even better kit because the only place to put a nozzle on the Vararam is in that red coupler above the TB. Putting a nozzle there is going to run the risk of freezing your throttle blade open on the TB...not good.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
We offer NOS and NX, but I have been very impressed with the Nitrous Outlet kits. I also like that their kits are specifically designed for these trucks unlike some of the other brands that are just basic universal kits.

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
how safe is it to run nitrous? i've heard some horror stories around here from some ricers running it, but it could also be due to a poor install? with these kits, is there any drilling in the intake involved? i would worry about the integrity of the intake at that point

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
The plate system used basically a throttle body spacer that mounts in between the throttle body and the intake manifold. It is already drilled and tapped for your nitrous and fuel lines to attach to, so you will not have to do any drilling. As long as you connect the supplied throttle position switch, run colder plugs, and 93 or higher octane fuel, then you will be fine. Nitrous is all about self control because it only takes 2 minutes to change your jets from a 50 shot to a 300 shot. These trucks can handle a 125 shot without a problem. Once you get up to 150hp-up, that is when you are pushing your luck.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Im hoping to be able to buy the stall tb and vararam soon because that plus a 75 shot and slicks will definately get these trucks moving

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Im hoping to be able to buy the stall tb and vararam soon because that plus a 75 shot and slicks will definately get these trucks moving

That setup will get you into the 12's. If you can stick that 75 shot off the line with the new converter, I dont see any reason why you couldnt cut high 1.6-low 1.7 60' times.

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
that setup will get you into the 12's. If you can stick that 75 shot off the line with the new converter, i dont see any reason why you couldnt cut high 1.6-low 1.7 60' times.

im hoping itll go low 12s with that set up if rt's can run low 13s on just bolt ons tunes no after market converter and slicks im hoping with the converter good air and nitrous itll go at least mid to low 12s

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
dang..... i was really getting my hopes up about a possibility of nitrous, but we don't have 93 octane around here!!! bummer

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
race fuel? where do you get that at? and would that have to be at every fill up, or only when I plan on using the nitrous?

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
race fuel? Where do you get that at? And would that have to be at every fill up, or only when i plan on using the nitrous?

im sure you can use the nitrous with 91 oct by itself since hemifever knows what hes doing but if you do want higher octane you can buy race fuel from different places here in houston they have it at the track

09SMOKINHEMI

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
that's cool to hear...... this project probably won't be until the summer. i've had a serious case of the mod bug and i need to tone it down a bit haha.

but that'll be so freakin awesome to be able to run nitrous. seems like a good alternative to a supercharger or turbo. i'll hit up Sean and Matt for more details on if the tune can be tweaked to run nitrous and if the kit will work with 91 octance, etc....

dude your R/T would be smokin with all those mods you plan on doing! can't wait to see some vids

SILVER_BULLET

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
that's cool to hear...... This project probably won't be until the summer. I've had a serious case of the mod bug and i need to tone it down a bit haha.

But that'll be so freakin awesome to be able to run nitrous. Seems like a good alternative to a supercharger or turbo. I'll hit up sean and matt for more details on if the tune can be tweaked to run nitrous and if the kit will work with 91 octance, etc....

Dude your r/t would be smokin with all those mods you plan on doing! Can't wait to see some vids

just gotta be able to afford them lol but i need to do it soon before i give up on it and buy something else ive had my eye on a 73 nova that is really cheap around here so thats another option