No frame mounted fuel filter on 2021 2500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slink

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Pearl White
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Went to change the frame mounted fuel filter on my 2021 2500 4x4 with 6.7 cummins. Pulled the inspection plate on the fuel tank skid plate and no fuel filter? Plus it looks like the fuel pump is on the bottom of the tank. Has anyone else seen this? Is there only one filter on this truck? This is not my first Ram 2500 so I know where to look.

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Think it moved to someplace above the drive shaft, I know there is still two filters for sure. I havent changed mine on my Gen5 truck yet, but other threads here mentioned above the drive shaft? The rear one used to be a canister type, now its the same cartridge style as the front.

OP
OP
Slink

Slink

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 2500 Pearl White
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I guess I'm going to have to look again. What really threw me off was the fuel pump is on the bottom of the tank.

Gary Hogan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Yes the water filter is above the drive shaft and beside the tank. The other filter is near the intake on the left side of the engine. There are YouTube videos available.