no heat fixed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oscar1815

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 DIESEL
2016 ram 2500 big horn bought in 2021 used, I have had the problem with no heat on driver side last winter and again this winter, took it in for recalls and the dealership checked the actuators thru the computer and said they were all working. They then said they could fix the problem for $3500.00. they would not tell me what they were going to do to fix the problem. Took it from the dealer and drilled 1/2-inch holes in the air box to make sure the blend doors were not broken. they all checked out ok and working. I figured the next thing to do was to flush the heater core. WOW!!! one hour of my time $35.00 in hose,C.L.R. cleaning chemical and a drill operated pump. Disconnected the heater hoses from the motor [easiest place to disconnect] attached 5foot of 5/8 clear hose to them. mixed the C.L.R. in a 5-gallon bucket with about 3 gallons of water. Pumped this backwards of normal flow for 5 minutes then in direction of flow than backwards again, then got 5 gallons of clear fresh water and did it all again to rinse out the chemical. Now I have equal temp. on both sides of cab !!! and a wife who is happy not to bundle up in a parka and 2 blankets to go anywhere!!

jws123

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I am glad it worked out for you the CLR trick does not always work.

JW2 Innovations

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
Reminds me of a video made years ago

Thanks for video. Had not heard of using CLR before, but makes sense. Last heater core clog I dealt with was when I lived in Chicago, in winter of coarse. :) I used combo of hot water in reverse as well as garden hose once it started to move. Mine looked as if it had some fine sand it it along with mung and such. Fun stuff!