noise from front end

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

caught3x

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok so I'm stumped.. bought the truck and was told it was the right wheel bearing gone. changed it... still got what sounds like a rubbing noise from the front end. checked all the shafts and the left bearing has no play. what the heck else could it be? noise goes away when i turn right but not left. or if going down the road and hit a bump and the front end lifts for a sec it goes away.. gets worse the faster i go. is it the left bearing?

SmokedRam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Could be...I've always used the logic that if one bearing is gone, the other isnt too bar behind it.

TJ.theTech

Reaction score
Ram Year
2002 Dodge Ram
Engine
Ok so I'm stumped.. bought the truck and was told it was the right wheel bearing gone. changed it... still got what sounds like a rubbing noise from the front end. checked all the shafts and the left bearing has no play. what the heck else could it be? noise goes away when i turn right but not left. or if going down the road and hit a bump and the front end lifts for a sec it goes away.. gets worse the faster i go. is it the left bearing?

It's possible. Recheck the bearing in question. Also check the suspension. I seen them make crazy noises to sound like another problem

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

ercmesser

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Its the left front wheel bearing. Think of it like this if you are turn right you are put a load on the left front so pushing the wheel bearing in the proper alignment and noise is gone. If you turn left its working the direct oppose, causing the bearing to be unloaded, hints noise when turning left not right. Replace the bearing as pairs is always a good idea too. As far as play, you may not have any but it mite be at the start of let go. Check the drag/ rotation of the new one vs old one. If the old one spins freely, time to go.