NOT Wrangler SRAs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPjunkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
ecodiesel
I been thru two sets of these in 80k. When new, they are great, ride well too. Thinking about something else. 99.9 percent road driving and I like it quiet. I work out of the vehicle and drive 500 miles a week. The last set had one blow on the highway burst straight across the tread. Actually looked like a defect, I was out of state and didnt address it with Goodyear but dont want to try them anymore : )

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Michelin defender ltx is the answer to basically every question about tires that don't need to be good in mud or look gnarly :)

Having said that I've got Continental TerrainContact which I believe are just as good but a little more oriented toward rough terrain.

GRN69CHV

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I went with Falken Wildpeak AT3. Little bit of road noise, nothing severe enough to hear over the radio. Dry handling is good, wet handling is significantly better. Been off road couple times (grassy field, gravel trails), overall very pleased. 55K tread warranty, if I get 48-50K, I', good with it. FWIW, I used to run nothing but Michelin, not anymore, plenty pf good tire options out there.

VelocityC6Z

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I been thru two sets of these in 80k. When new, they are great, ride well too. Thinking about something else. 99.9 percent road driving and I like it quiet. I work out of the vehicle and drive 500 miles a week. The last set had one blow on the highway burst straight across the tread. Actually looked like a defect, I was out of state and didnt address it with Goodyear but dont want to try them anymore : )

you could take a look at Michelin defenders.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Another vote for the Mich Defender LTX, as if it needed anymore. I just put a new set on my 18 2500 Ram on Friday. Have had them on many trucks over the years, and they never fail to impress.

Gottarace

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I went with the Cooper AT3.. Have had a set on the Jeep for 3 years and still have over half tread left..

Marine Les

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001/2018
Engine
5.9 cummins/3.6 Pentastar
My 2WD truck came with the SRA 20'' tires and they were quiet and handled OK but wet traction not so much. I bought 2 used matching wheels and put Cooper ATPs on them for winter driving in wet/snow conditions and they are really good tires. When I replace the SRAs I will go with the Coopers all around. They are quiet, smooth, handle well and traction in the snow is excellent. Priced better than the Defenders.

kurek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Careful not to conflate purchase price with price per mile. A tire that costs 20% more but provides excellent performance 30% longer is cheaper in the long run.

In any case everyone will have opinions all over the place on tires. There are a ton of good choices now so even the worst (premium brand) tire today is better than any tire 20 years ago, and among top quality tires they're all more similar than they are different.

Still there are some specific tires you'll find more people recommend than others and there's probably a reason for that.

Last edited:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My opinion of the OEM Goodyears-wear fast, blow out prone and will hydroplane at the sight of a cloud in the sky. They are dangerous and shouldn't even be used as a child's tree swing. Just my experience----yours may vary.
Jay