OBDlinkMx

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Hey guys just wanted to get some info going for those of you guys that log your truck with the OBDlinkMX.

Aside of using it for AlphaOBD I use another app for data logging called OBDLink. You can pretty much log anything you need to help with tuning

You can set the style, color and types of gauges you want to see during a drive.

One thing I've found interesting is how much heat soak the CAI gets at idle.

I've included some snap shots of how I setup my gauges

First reading is the truck idle after being heat soaked.

Screenshot_20190107-115707.jpg

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Lastly this is on the freeway. I know I'll touch some nerves mentioning the CAI but to me it looks like my Mopar Cai is doing its job only being 3 degrees above ambient.
Screenshot_20190107-120828.jpg

Reactions: kad

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
The way to know for sure if the Mopar CAI is doing anything would be to compare it to the stock set up.

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
The way to know for sure if the Mopar CAI is doing anything would be to compare it to the stock set up.

It flows more cfm, it stays cool and adds HP. What more do you want to compare??

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
It flows more cfm, it stays cool and adds HP. What more do you want to compare??
You've only showed what the CAI set up does under certain conditions, you would need to do the same test with the stock set up to prove the CAI does anything useful. There is also nothing showing actual airflow or HP gains. You might want to consider some flow monitoring and Dyno time for the second two comparisons.

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
You've only showed what the CAI set up does under certain conditions, you would need to do the same test with the stock set up to prove the CAI does anything useful. There is also nothing showing actual airflow or HP gains. You might want to consider some flow monitoring and Dyno time for the second two comparisons.

I think you've gotten yourself lost in this conversation. What this topic is about is various ways to data log a setup.

I have access to all of the sensors to see Spark, Manifold pressure, IAT and the list goes on.

I simply used my CAI as one example so others could see what's possible with OBDLinkMX. :) I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist the timeless debate of one intake over another.

Cheers,

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I think you've gotten yourself lost in this conversation. What this topic is about is various ways to data log a setup.

I have access to all of the sensors to see Spark, Manifold pressure, IAT and the list goes on.

I simply used my CAI as one example so others could see what's possible with OBDLinkMX. :) I knew someone wouldn't be able to resist the timeless debate of one intake over another.
Doesn't matter what it is your trying to data log, unless you have X,Y, & Z of the data and can compare that to a baseline it doesn't mean ****.
There is no timeless debate, usually just people that bought the exaggerated claim made by the manufacturer.
This is what a useful data log looks like:

26.jpeg

joshuaeb09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Doesn't matter what it is your trying to data log, unless you have X,Y, & Z of the data and can compare that to a baseline it doesn't mean ****.
There is no timeless debate, usually just people that bought the exaggerated claim made by the manufacturer.

View attachment 153310

If you get the PC software from ScanTool the OBDlink MX can datalog some useful stuff, but I prefer the USB scantool's for that since they have a better poll rate. The phone app's are only really useful for basic real time stats, but I agree not of much use for data logging.

OP
OP
RedSRT4Me

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine

View attachment 153310

Yes, Crash if I wanted the XYZ plots instead I could have set up the app that way as well.

I was going for something simple, people could understand and invite them to the conversation.

It seems I have offended you and it's not my intention but please if you're data logging using XYZ plotting let the rest of the guys and girls know what you're trying to say about your tips on data logging :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963