Odd size spare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone know if a 35" tire will fit in the spare location? When I am due to get new tires I wanted to go to 35x11.5/R20's on my stock 20x9 rims.

JayLeonard

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 L Cummins
Anyone know if a 35" tire will fit in the spare location? When I am due to get new tires I wanted to go to 35x11.5/R20's on my stock 20x9 rims.
I vaguely remember the stock size tire being a close fit.

brian42

Military
Reaction score
My truck came with a full-sized spare (ORG) which was a 32" tire. You could go bigger but the tire did not clear the heat shield by much. I don't remember if it would clear an extra 1.5" radius all the way around without modification.

Hopefully someone has tried a larger tire under there and will chime in. I no longer have the truck so can't jump under and take a measurement.

PA Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My truck came with a full-sized spare (ORG) which was a 32" tire. You could go bigger but the tire did not clear the heat shield by much. I don't remember if it would clear an extra 1.5" radius all the way around without modification.

Hopefully someone has tried a larger tire under there and will chime in. I no longer have the truck so can't jump under and take a measurement.
Thanks for the info, like you said hopefully someone has done this with a 35 inch tire. Worst case I think I would just leave a full size on the bed of my truck which I have a tonneau cover over. Obviously I'd rather not take up space with a tire,but once I switch to 35s I need a spare that works.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357