OEM exhaust questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beercan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
Hi there, new member here searching for a buddy with a new body style 2019. His father also has a 2019 classic warlock. They bought them a week or so apart. Both have 5.7L’s but the warlock is louder than my buddies.

I did a quick search yesterday and found dodge replaced the exhaust from a single in/dual out to a single in/single out with a Y pipe. they might have also changed the resonator sizes.

Said friend doesn’t wanna spend a ton for the sound he misses from his previous 2016 and his dads 2019 warlock.

can he use a SI/DO muffler and his previous pieces with the tips or does he have to get new pieces and tips?

He found a SI/DO muffler for $40 and I said get it hoping the tube diameters match and he can use the existing rear pieces.

Any help would be apreciated.

Ram 1970

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
As with any 'modification' to the exhaust: If it's not made to bolt in directly, there's going to be some work involved. However, with a good muffler shop, they can fabricate the exhaust to what he wants. It shouldn't cost too much for some weld work, unless there's not enough room with the new muffler.

OP
OP
Beercan

Beercan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
I’m just asking if he can swap stock for stock. Find a newer used OEM system on kijiji or FB marketplace and swap. Nothing custom.

part numbers would really help and possibly answer.