OEM push button start kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What programming was required on your end? Or were the modules for the push button start plug and play.
We’ve been trying to get this done 100% with the alfa, but right now it’s not possible. The developer is working on it, though. You’re going to have to get the dealer to do this. It needs to be treated just like the pre 2017 remote start install where you install all the hard parts but leave your original RF Hub and ignition switch plugged in until you get to the dealer. Once there, swap in the push button and the connectors from old hub to new hub. GX4 and GXD are the sales codes for keyless go and passive entry respectively. Being that you have a sport, I *BELIEVE* those sales codes should be available to add. So they will add the sales codes first, program the new fobs, then perform the RF Hub replace. If you have the alfa software, instead of having them add the sales codes (or if for some reason they’re not available for your truck), you can manually enable keyless go, passive entry, fobik safe enable, and the passive entry CSM before you go to the dealer. Enabling these beforehand will not affect the driveability of your truck. @skuppy069 can confirm that the dealer can handle this.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We’ve been trying to get this done 100%. It needs to be treated just like the pre 2017 remote start install where you install all the hard parts but leave your original @skuppy069 can confirm that the dealer can handle this.

What about in my case 2017 .... You specifying pre 2017 is new to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
We’ve been trying to get this done 100% with the alfa, but right now it’s not possible. The developer is working on it, though. You’re going to have to get the dealer to do this. It needs to be treated just like the pre 2017 remote start install where you install all the hard parts but leave your original RF Hub and ignition switch plugged in until you get to the dealer. Once there, swap in the push button and the connectors from old hub to new hub. GX4 and GXD are the sales codes for keyless go and passive entry respectively. Being that you have a sport, I *BELIEVE* those sales codes should be available to add. So they will add the sales codes first, program the new fobs, then perform the RF Hub replace. If you have the alfa software, instead of having them add the sales codes (or if for some reason they’re not available for your truck), you can manually enable keyless go, passive entry, fobik safe enable, and the passive entry CSM before you go to the dealer. Enabling these beforehand will not affect the driveability of your truck. @skuppy069 can confirm that the dealer can handle this.

I have a 2018 and I’m curious if the autoengenuiy tool would allow it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What about in my case 2017 .... You specifying pre 2017 is new to me.

I was using pre 2017 remote start kits as an example, because it’s the same new fob and RF Hub replacement process.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

I’m not familiar with the AE, but if it can program fobs and access the RF Hub, it’s worth a shot. The problem with doing this with the alfa is it can’t transfer the secret key information to the new RF Hub. If you have the AE, it’s worth looking into. If you go back a few pages, you’ll see us discussing where we’re getting stuck. If you can’t get it done with the AE, then no worries, because you can always plug in your old hub and ignition and it will still work.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I was using pre 2017 remote start kits as an example, because it’s the same new fob and RF Hub replacement process.

Gotcha. Because apparently we've also learned that with 2017 the rfhub antenna is built-in. The TPMS receiver is inside the rfhub. So I was wondering if both style fobs work with the two different rfhub for 2017

68319680AD - Keyless n Go capable
68319677AD - non capable

[emoji1744]‍[emoji3603]

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I was wondering if both style fobs work with the two different rfhub for 2017

No. The regular ignition fob is FCC ID GQ4-53T and the keyless go fob is GQ4-54T. The keyless enter and go antennas and push button WIN module can’t detect the regular ignition fob, and obviously, you can’t use the keyless go fob to insert into a regular WIN ignition to turn it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I read through this thread you found, but this wouldn’t work on our rams (2013-2018). Up until 2013, the grand Cherokee and the caravans (2012 caravan in this case) didn’t have rf hubs. They had a separate passive entry module (PEM). They also used a 2 in 1 WIN module where the push to start button was simply inserted into the ignition switch. All that had to be done here was add the antennas, door switches, wiring harness, and PEM, then just go into the BCM (TIPM back then) under P/T chassis net and enable the PEM, then program a new fob and you’re done. All of this would be the equivalent of say if us ram owners wanted to add the rear park sensors. We would install the parts and the park sense module, and simply enable the module under P/T chassis net.

Something I do find interesting that I thought about after reading that. Keyless enter n go wasn’t available on 09-12 rams. I’m curious if an 09-12 ram owner were to buy all the parts for the system from a 10-13 grand Cherokee or caravan and installed them, could it work? There is an option on the alfa for the 06-12 non Powernet under P/T chassis net to enable the PEM. But, that would be a discussion for another thread...

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I read through this thread you found, but this wouldn’t work on our rams (2013-2018). Up until 2013, the grand Cherokee and the caravans (2012 caravan in this case) didn’t have rf hubs. They had a separate passive entry module (PEM). They also used a 2 in 1 WIN module where the push to start button was simply inserted into the ignition switch. All that had to be done here was add the antennas, door switches, wiring harness, and PEM, then just go into the BCM (TIPM back then) under P/T chassis net and enable the PEM, then program a new fob and you’re done. All of this would be the equivalent of say if us ram owners wanted to add the rear park sensors. We would install the parts and the park sense module, and simply enable the module under P/T chassis net.

Something I do find interesting that I thought about after reading that. Keyless enter n go wasn’t available on 09-12 rams. I’m curious if an 09-12 ram owner were to buy all the parts for the system from a 10-13 grand Cherokee or caravan and installed them, could it work? There is an option on the alfa for the 06-12 non Powernet under P/T chassis net to enable the PEM. But, that would be a discussion for another thread...

Dang jimmy07 ... you read German. Lol

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Dang jimmy07 ... you read German. Lol

Ha! No. I used translator. Although I had to pick up on some of their jargon. Like “trader” is the dealer.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It would be interesting if you could add push start to the older rams ... if auto tech comes out with a kit similar to what you just mentioned then we'll know they're still monitoring this thread [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji87][emoji87][emoji87]

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
It would be interesting if you could add push start to the older rams ... if auto tech comes out with a kit similar to what you just mentioned then we'll know they're still monitoring this thread [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji87][emoji87][emoji87]

Actually, I just looked on their site, and they do offer a kit. Although it is probably the same situation as I just suspected.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

Good stuff! I noticed the talk about the PEM and wondered if that was going to be the big difference to our system. Thanks for looking!

I've got all my parts on order so I still have time before tackling the project. I also called a local locksmith which is certified for Dodge and has all the tools. Unfortunately he doesn't feel comfortable trying to tackle the programming for this project. It was worth a shot. I have never used any of my local dealers, so not familiar with how friendly they will be in helping me.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel

If you can perform the transfer secret key procedure with it, we suspect that is the missing part on Alfa, then could work.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have never used any of my local dealers, so not familiar with how friendly they will be in helping me.
If they like making money (an hour worth of labor charge for 20 minutes of work), then they shouldn’t have any problem helping you out.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
If they like making money (an hour worth of labor charge for 20 minutes of work), then they shouldn’t have any problem helping you out.

Hopefully Alfa will get it, otherwise I will go to the dealer. I'll talk to them when I go in for recall work.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I can go to my dealer where I bought the truck from. Except he's in SC [emoji30]

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I can go to my dealer where I bought the truck from. Except he's in SC [emoji30]

Any FCA dealer can do this.