OEM push button start kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Got a response from Alexey:
Hi, sorry for the delay. The transfer of the secret key
from BCM to RFH is not available in the current version, I
have to add it.
A potential issue with the transfer of the secret key from
BCM to RFH is that the app has to keep connection both to
BCM and RFH at the same time during the procedure. Not sure
if it's possible with the ELM-compatible interfaces. I will
try to add the procedure in the next update this weekend.

I’m going to hold off going to the dealer and see what he can come up with.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's good news.

I still cant figure out how the place selling the kits does it, though. They only ask for the VIN, not your actual BCM, etc, so there must be some other way to push it down to the RF hub.

I wonder if maybe the BCM or some other module has the ability to "push" a VIN change to all connected modules?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
That's good news.

I still cant figure out how the place selling the kits does it, though. They only ask for the VIN, not your actual BCM, etc, so there must be some other way to push it down to the RF hub.

I wonder if maybe the BCM or some other module has the ability to "push" a VIN change to all connected modules?
I BELIEVE (and this is just my best guess) that they have some kind of bench setup with a PCM and a BCM that they just keep reconfiguring with VIN numbers and the WiTECH to program the fobs and new hubs.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Damn that WiTech POD bs!

There are clones for sale on the net, but not sure if I want some random Chinese seller to end up with the VIN for my truck :)

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
That's good news.

Chris....check out post #30 (page 3 this thread):
"Just based on what I can tell from their website, most likely what they have is a bench setup with a BCM, PCM and connector for the new RF Hub. They flash the PCM with your Vin, which allows them to do a "vehicle restore" to the BCM, then they pull the 4 digit security code to unlock the RF Hub, Program the Keys and package it all up to be sent out."

Also see posts #33 and #34 this thread. May add some info on how autoelectronics is doing it.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Page 3!!??? I cant be expected to go back that far lol

Yeah I got it, I think the biggest thing is that they have the Witech. Which I suppose is fine since they are probably cranking out kits and can afford it, which we cannot.

It is telling, though, that someone on this thread (jimmy07? cant remember) was talking back and forth with them, but they stopped responding after probably realizing he knew WTF he was doing. That kinda makes me think there is another way other than their overpriced modules.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Chris....check out post #30 (page 3 this thread):
"Just based on what I can tell from their website, most likely what they have is a bench setup with a BCM, PCM and connector for the new RF Hub. They flash the PCM with your Vin, which allows them to do a "vehicle restore" to the BCM, then they pull the 4 digit security code to unlock the RF Hub, Program the Keys and package it all up to be sent out."

Also see posts #33 and #34 this thread. May add some info on how autoelectronics is doing it.
Another thing to note, somehow they are assigning a PIN number as I believe it was you(?) that said your PIN is different than what you had before.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If they have the Witech, I think they can obtain the original PIN with the VIN number and re-use it

Or they could just leave it at all zeroes for the new RF hub. Our issue seems to be that initial VIN "burn" into the hub, I bet if that got transferred over, a pin of all zeroes would be just fine for our use.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Page 3!!??? I cant be expected to go back that far lol

Yeah I got it, I think the biggest thing is that they have the Witech. Which I suppose is fine since they are probably cranking out kits and can afford it, which we cannot.

It is telling, though, that someone on this thread (jimmy07? cant remember) was talking back and forth with them, but they stopped responding after probably realizing he knew WTF he was doing. That kinda makes me think there is another way other than their overpriced modules.

Unfortunately for me I did this mod back over a year ago before the Alpha program became well known and how to use it. I got their "basic kit". I would suggest to anyone who does this mod to keep their original RFH hub and WIN module. I had to have my BCM reflashed and the Ram tech told me to re-install the original WIN and RFH to be safe. I know someone here mentioned they had work done and no worries but I would advise caution.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So a new RF hub from an online parts dealer is about 85-90 shipped.

I know they sell all these "kits" at that place, but I wonder how much they would charge just for a new RF hub already programmed with your VIN? I dont think the WIN module is a big problem, once the RF hub has been replaced and reprogrammed.

Even if they charge, say, 200 for a new RF hub already programmed, it might be worth just having them deal with it. But I dont know if they would do something like that and/or price it "so low".

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Forgot to mention....yes autoelectronics had set a new PIN for the RFH hub they sent to me. Luckily I caught that during the install. They forgot to tell me this, I had to call them up and ask for my new RFH PIN. I should mention that you can install the basic pushbutton start without use of the Alpha program. It is when you want the safety feature of not locking your FOBIK in the cab that you need the Alpha program. You set "Fobik Safe" in the BCM and then do a reset of the RFH hub. Now if you accidentally leave the Fobik in your Ram and close the door with it locked the horn chirps 3Xs and the lock button pops back up.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
So a new RF hub from an online parts dealer is about 85-90 shipped.

I know they sell all these "kits" at that place, but I wonder how much they would charge just for a new RF hub already programmed with your VIN? I dont think the WIN module is a big problem, once the RF hub has been replaced and reprogrammed.

Even if they charge, say, 200 for a new RF hub already programmed, it might be worth just having them deal with it. But I dont know if they would do something like that and/or price it "so low".

Chris....you posted exactly what I was going to suggest. See how much they want for a new RFH hub already programmed. They might go along with it, that is probably until they get more requests for it and figure out what is going on.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Chris....you posted exactly what I was going to suggest. See how much they want for a new RFH hub already programmed. They might go along with it, that is probably until they get more requests for it and figure out what is going on.

They want $600 for a "replacement" hub and two remotes. (68245484AD - OEM RF Hub Replacement WITH Remote Start & 2 Proximity Transmitters)

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They want $600 for a "replacement" hub and two remotes. (68245484AD - OEM RF Hub Replacement WITH Remote Start & 2 Proximity Transmitters)

Highway robbery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Each key fob is about 120, RF hub is about 90, so figure 350 shipped.

250 to program? Maybe a bit high BUT I would think most dealers would say no, outright. Some would charge at least an hour of labor (120-ish), and a select few would be nice and do it for free.

If they are using brand new genuine OEM parts, its not *that bad*. I assume my dealers would do it, but would charge me an hour of labor, so Id be paying about 130 more to have AutoTech do it. Is it worth 130 more to not have a dealer involved? Maybe.

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Each key fob is about 120, RF hub is about 90, so figure 350 shipped.

250 to program? Maybe a bit high BUT I would think most dealers would say no, outright. Some would charge at least an hour of labor (120-ish), and a select few would be nice and do it for free.

If they are using brand new genuine OEM parts, its not *that bad*. I assume my dealers would do it, but would charge me an hour of labor, so Id be paying about 130 more to have AutoTech do it. Is it worth 130 more to not have a dealer involved? Maybe.

They use brand new parts, at least when I bought the basic kit a year ago which cost me $700. All the parts came in Mopar boxes with the part numbers on them. If you add in the 2 antennas, WIN module, and the wiring harness to the $600 they quoted for the RFH hubs and 2 Fobiks you are basically at the same price for the basic kit. So I came up with the same answer of "not that bad", not to mention all this new info was not available last year.

NoveskeFan

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Crew Cab Short Bed Copperhead Sport 4x4
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry If I missed this and I know it's not a factory option, but is it possible to upgrade rear doors to the passive entry style? My RAM came with the Keyless Enter n Go, would be cool to have the rear doors work with the system.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Sorry If I missed this and I know it's not a factory option, but is it possible to upgrade rear doors to the passive entry style? My RAM came with the Keyless Enter n Go, would be cool to have the rear doors work with the system.

The guys that are DIY-ing it have made a harness that does it. The AutoTech kits you can buy also do it. In both cases I believe they are just tying the "touch sensor" wires for rear handles into the same wire as the front handle, because rear proximity handles were not available from the factory.

So, its do-able but not in a factory way.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The DIY guys are they using parts from the the vendor started in the thread of a less expensive DIY way? Just bought a Sport and need keyless!

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01