OEM push button start kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So using the back of the fob didn’t work either I guess hey .
I wonder if one used the original tip key and turned the ignition to mar if it would allow the bcm to read the new change
Not sure either, but I’ll try it. Nothing to lose. I will say that I didn’t give any time in between performing key transfer and trying to program the fob, so when I don’t need the truck for a while, I’ll let it sit and see if it takes. So far on my truck, everything that I’ve enabled has taken effect immediately.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I'd try it with all features disabled first. I know many other changes fail or cause strange behavior when codes are present.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Say where bouts you live? I'm coming there and pay ya to install mine too. Lol. I only have 2 doors [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I haven’t connected to my 2018 yet to see if it even works

I see you're also in Tampa. If we can't make progress with Alfa and the option is on AE, maybe we can try it on mine when I'm ready to finish my install.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I see you're also in Tampa. If we can't make progress with Alfa and the option is on AE, maybe we can try it on mine when I'm ready to finish my install.

Come get my ae tool try all you want, I bought it for my cooled seats retro 3 years ago and haven’t used it since. Borrow it, get it working, and the fee will be helping me install mine.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Oh man dont make me have to buy AE just so I can get this up and running :)

Jdavismp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So today I tried replacing my hub with alpha and kept giving error about secret key method or something like that.
Put old hub in and ignition switch and drove to my local dealer .
The service manager there is really good .He has bailed me out a few times when i corrupted my truck with AE a few times
Not sure what most dealers would charge but the service manager did it for free for me .
I will be bringing them some coffee and donuts this week to say thanks
So the new hub is suppose to get the code from the pcm automatically he said .
With alpha you can’t replace hub unless there are keys programmed to it .
So there is something in alpha that needs to be fixed or explained as too get the procedure done .

So we continued on with his mopar service tool and got the hub and keys programmed in 10 mins .
Cleared all dts as the abs thru some codes etc
Spoke with jimmy 07 ahead of time and he had suggested these points be turned on .
I added the passive entry to set
Fobik Safe enable and passive entry
Csm .Thanks jimmy for the info !

The system is working now .
Will buy door handles next month .
Hopefully the alpha developer can get this figured etc .
Then no dealer intervention is needed .
Here is some pics

View attachment 152357

View attachment 152358

On this post I was curious what you had to add to get that display on the EVIC display. I ordered a kit from auto tech and had it installed. I took it to a dealer and had them add proximity keyless sales code and still nothing. Although I am not sure if they did everything correctly at this dealer though. Just curious what sales codes need to be added. The kit still works, just not getting the displays on my EVIC about the key fob or instructions.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
On this post I was curious what you had to add to get that display on the EVIC display. I ordered a kit from auto tech and had it installed. I took it to a dealer and had them add proximity keyless sales code and still nothing. Although I am not sure if they did everything correctly at this dealer though. Just curious what sales codes need to be added. The kit still works, just not getting the displays on my EVIC about the key fob or instructions.
We are using the alfaOBD software to manually turn the keyless enter n go on. The settings I enabled one at a time were: keyless go, fobik safe enable, passive entry, and CSM passive entry. For me, it wasn’t until I enabled passive entry that the EVIC screen said “brake + start button...”. @mjf6175 also found that auto tech wasn’t enabling “fobik safe”, which prevents you from locking the fob in your truck. Not sure if they since addressed that, but either way, whatever method they’re using, they’re not turning on all the features. As far as the dealer adding the sales codes, I’m not sure if they are actually able to add them to your truck unless it’s a Laramie or higher, but GX4 is for keyless go and GXD is for passive entry.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Ill bring it any day you want to take it for a weekend to see if you can get it working. Just bring a laptop so I can register it to your pc. Im going to try it tomorrow if the baby lets me get outside a few minutes to see if it will make changes to my 2018

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'd try it with all features disabled first. I know many other changes fail or cause strange behavior when codes are present.
I did end up trying this last night. This is when I found out that the new version crashes when trying to make changes in the BCM. I thought I was one of the lucky ones that this didn’t affect, but, because I was only making changes in the RF Hub, I believe the crashing only happens in the BCM. This could possibly be the issue with trying to transfer the key. Alexey hasn’t written this off as being impossible, yet. He requested the debug log so he can take a look.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Ill bring it any day you want to take it for a weekend to see if you can get it working. Just bring a laptop so I can register it to your pc. Im going to try it tomorrow if the baby lets me get outside a few minutes to see if it will make changes to my 2018

Awesome, thanks for the offer. I will keep it in mind when I'm ready to complete my install if we don't make progress with Alfa. I just placed my parts order, so I have a bit to go still.

fearroyo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I did end up trying this last night. This is when I found out that the new version crashes when trying to make changes in the BCM. I thought I was one of the lucky ones that this didn’t affect, but, because I was only making changes in the RF Hub, I believe the crashing only happens in the BCM. This could possibly be the issue with trying to transfer the key. Alexey hasn’t written this off as being impossible, yet. He requested the debug log so he can take a look.

Man, that sucks. I thought you were lucky and not affected by the crash. But it could see it causing an issue with the transfer. With so many people being affected, i'm sue Alexey will have an update fairly quickly.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Can someone verify the part# for just the hood latch is 68261143AA and does anyone have the part# for the harness repair that'll I need to go from the hood latch to the connector under the fuse box

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Can someone verify the part# for just the hood latch is 68261143AA and does anyone have the part# for the harness repair that'll I need to go from the hood latch to the connector under the fuse box

That is the correct hood latch for a 2500-3500. You have a 5500, but I would ASSUME it will work for you.
68065018AA Is the harness repair kit.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is the correct hood latch for a 2500-3500. You have a 5500, but I would ASSUME it will work for you.
68065018AA Is the harness repair kit.

[emoji1303] thank you again. Hope this crash thing can get corrected soon too.