OEM push button start kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
We’ve been trying to get this done 100% with the alfa, but right now it’s not possible. The developer is working on it, though. You’re going to have to get the dealer to do this. It needs to be treated just like the pre 2017 remote start install where you install all the hard parts but leave your original RF Hub and ignition switch plugged in until you get to the dealer. Once there, swap in the push button and the connectors from old hub to new hub. GX4 and GXD are the sales codes for keyless go and passive entry respectively. Being that you have a sport, I *BELIEVE* those sales codes should be available to add. So they will add the sales codes first, program the new fobs, then perform the RF Hub replace. If you have the alfa software, instead of having them add the sales codes (or if for some reason they’re not available for your truck), you can manually enable keyless go, passive entry, fobik safe enable, and the passive entry CSM before you go to the dealer. Enabling these beforehand will not affect the driveability of your truck. @skuppy069 can confirm that the dealer can handle this.
Yep the dealership can deffently handle it

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got my drivers door handle done today and all works good.
I had to de pin my antenna connector to get thru rubber boot .
I will post some pics this evening whilst running the wire .
Will maybe do the passenger side tomorrow .

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Some pics getting the wire thru the boot .
I will take a pic of the handle tomorow .

8E3229D8-3A44-4673-897F-031C5499E581.jpeg

5BD6F21F-8278-4D70-92DF-3AF04DAB63D1.jpeg

A75E945B-9AC6-4D5E-A427-AF01F6866710.jpeg

90F9378C-8A9E-40BB-94D1-5C318DA54DD1.jpeg

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Got the alfa update and the transfer key procedure is added to the rf hub. Couldn’t get it to work, though. I entered 0000 first and it came up test failed. Entered my actual PIN and it said procedure complete. Then I go over to program the fob, and same thing happens as before. It wants me to run secret key transfer. One new thing came out of this, though. Before the update, when connecting the new hub and trying to program the fob, I would check the hub for faults and none were found. Now when I check for faults, I get three. One for each door handle switch being disconnected (which I don’t have yet), and one for no fob programmed. I think it’s like Alexey said, that the BCM and the rf hub need to be connected at the same time. I don’t even know if that can be made possible, but I’m going to ask him about it.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Got the alfa update and the transfer key procedure is added to the rf hub. Couldn’t get it to work, though. I entered 0000 first and it came up test failed. Entered my actual PIN and it said procedure complete. Then I go over to program the fob, and same thing happens as before. It wants me to run secret key transfer. One new thing came out of this, though. Before the update, when connecting the new hub and trying to program the fob, I would check the hub for faults and none were found. Now when I check for faults, I get three. One for each door handle switch being disconnected (which I don’t have yet), and one for no fob programmed. I think it’s like Alexey said, that the BCM and the rf hub need to be connected at the same time. I don’t even know if that can be made possible, but I’m going to ask him about it.

And of course it would have the door handles from the factory .... might be a limit there. Gotta all be there as if from factory no piece milling as we were talking about before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wouldn't worry much about the handles, connecting to both computers will be the limitation I bet.

I think the witech can do that because it doesn't use the obd port.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
And of course it would have the door handles from the factory .... might be a limit there. Gotta all be there as if from factory no piece milling as we were talking about before

That’s not an issue. I would expect the door handle disconnected faults to set, since I don’t have the proper handles hooked up yet. I just find it interesting that the new hub didn’t respond to those faults before the update, but now it does.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So when you connect to the new rf hub you see the new part number ?
It’s the same as before. I can read the system id and the new hub part number shows up, but the VIN is still a bunch of question marks inside black diamonds.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That’s not an issue. I would expect the door handle disconnected faults to set, since I don’t have the proper handles hooked up yet. I just find it interesting that the new hub didn’t respond to those faults before the update, but now it does.

What I'm trying to say is that it might be working. If you had the door handles in place maybe it would've worked. That's the default factory condition and the rfhub knows that. But because it doesn't see them it generates the faults.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
What I'm trying to say is that it might be working. If you had the door handles in place maybe it would've worked. That's the default factory condition and the rfhub knows that. But because it doesn't see them it generates the faults.

Well, yes, it’s setting the faults because the hub doesn’t see the handles, but the handles are not required for the push button start (or the fob programming for that matter) system to work. You actually don’t even need the entire C2 connector plugged into the hub to be able to program the fob and hub.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
J

no that’s not the issue
I had my System running with out the handles

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well, yes, it’s setting the faults because the hub doesn’t see the handles, but the handles are not required for the push button start (or the fob programming for that matter) system to work. You actually don’t even need the entire C2 connector plugged into the hub to be able to program the fob and hub.
So using the back of the fob didn’t work either I guess hey .
I wonder if one used the original tip key and turned the ignition to mar if it would allow the bcm to read the new change

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ah ok I was thinking the rfhub's internal startup check list looks for the antennas and door handles and such and if not there won't complete the secret key transfer. Because before you said it didn't have those faults but now after Alfa update it does. So getting closer maybe [emoji1744]‍[emoji3603]

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Did you enable the proximity features in Alfa already?

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So using the back of the fob didn’t work either I guess hey .
I wonder if one used the original tip key and turned the ignition to mar if it would allow the bcm to read the new change
Not sure if the truck works that way

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Did you enable the proximity features in Alfa already?

Yup. I’ve actually been driving around for 2 weeks now with all those set.

Cillys

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe need to turn off in BCM the proximity ... because if it's set in BCM ... BCM tells new rfhub then rfhub does check and doesn't see the proximity then it stops secret key handshake and have ya those no door handle faults