OEM push button start kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Ok that’s interesting that the sensors didn’t automatically get picked up after 5 mins or so .
It is interesting that the pin is 0000 to access saves changes in the hub .I might try and check mine with alpha this weekend and see if the pin is 0000 or if my pin is the same as before
Yeah, if you can check that out, that’d be great. I’m not too concerned about it because the important part (programming a fob) requires the actual PIN, but I would like to figure out why.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Yeah, if you can check that out, that’d be great. I’m not too concerned about it because the important part (programming a fob) requires the actual PIN, but I would like to figure out why.
I here you .No programmed key no truck getting started .
It’s awesome that the developer got it figured out so quick and for you being the Ginny pig on this .
I’m sure lots of people who perform this mod will Certainly appreciate your efforts here .

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I here you .No programmed key no truck getting started .
It’s awesome that the developer got it figured out so quick and for you being the Ginny pig on this .
I’m sure lots of people who perform this mod will Certainly appreciate your efforts here .
Yeah, Alexey is awesome. He got my debug log at about 9:30 this morning, and released the fix at about 3:00 this afternoon, along with probably getting bombarded by emails about the crashing.

vhmike73

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 2500 Laramie Limited
Engine
Hemi 6.4
I've been following this thread so far, and Alexey's determination to make this work is OUTSTANDING! BUT...is anyone trying to do this conversion on a 2016? Does anyone have the part number for the RF Hub, antennas and the like for 2016 models? I'm definitely interested in doing this conversion, but from what I am reading a 2016 has a different hub (separate remote start antenna?) and I haven't seen any part numbers that correspond to a '16 being posted.

My '16 has remote start from the factory (I have a Big Horn), so that may be helpful to me- but maybe not. In digging around on allmoparparts, this part number (68234888AD) shows as fitting the 2016 Big Horn. It's described as "With remote starter, with keyless n go". It really does make me wonder if the hub that's in my truck now has that part number or not. If it wasn't so cold (and snowy), I would get into the back wall area to look.

Will the Alfa programming work for a 2016? Do the door antennas work regardless of MY? And is there a good wiring diagram (aside from skuppy069's quick diagram posted a few days ago) to reference for building our own harnesses? (BTW- thanks for that, skuppy069!) Not to mention, where does the front antenna get mounted/located (I have the full center console in my truck)?

Am I just over-thinking this, and all that I would need has been posted?

Thanks to the trailblazers on this mod, and to Alexey and his fantastic tool!

Last edited:

mjf6175

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
cummins
Ok, I got it working. After the hub replace, I lost the TPMS sensors, and the truck would die after a couple seconds. Cleared all faults, performed hub replace again, and truck ran fine. Still no TPMS. Had to perform the sensor rolls test in the RF Hub menu while driving, and now all is good. A few things, though: to program the fob, I had to use my original truck PIN, but to reset the new hub, I had to use 0000. This remains the same now that everything is working, too. To program a fob, I’ve got to use the truck’s PIN, and to update the hub (after a TPMS threshold change) I’ve got to use 0000. One other thing, fobik safe isn’t working for me right now, so I CAN lock the fob in the truck. I don’t have the door handles installed yet, and I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it. @skuppy069, did is fobik safe enable working for you now, and did you notice if it did before you installed your handles? @mjf6175, I remember you went through this also, any thoughts?
All push button start prompts and proximity prompts are displaying on the EVIC as they should.

The "Fobik Safe Function" does NOT require or need the door handles or their antennas. I used the basic kit from auto-tech-electronics which consisted of a new RFH hub, 2 antennas and a new WIN module. After the install I then activated the settings I previously posted for the purpose of getting the Fobik Safe feature to work.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The "Fobik Safe Function" does NOT require or need the door handles or their antennas. I used the basic kit from auto-tech-electronics which consisted of a new RFH hub, 2 antennas and a new WIN module. After the install I then activated the settings I previously posted for the purpose of getting the Fobik Safe feature to work.
Thanks. I’ll double check my settings again later on.

Jdavismp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We are using the alfaOBD software to manually turn the keyless enter n go on. The settings I enabled one at a time were: keyless go, fobik safe enable, passive entry, and CSM passive entry. For me, it wasn’t until I enabled passive entry that the EVIC screen said “brake + start button...”. @mjf6175 also found that auto tech wasn’t enabling “fobik safe”, which prevents you from locking the fob in your truck. Not sure if they since addressed that, but either way, whatever method they’re using, they’re not turning on all the features. As far as the dealer adding the sales codes, I’m not sure if they are actually able to add them to your truck unless it’s a Laramie or higher, but GX4 is for keyless go and GXD is for passive entry.
Was that under the RFHub on Alpha?

Jdavismp

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Does anyone know why I get a message that AlphaOBD has stopped when I go to start operation on diagnostics menu. Can connect to my BCM and read it. However when I hit start to change a setting I get a message that alpha has stopped.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Does anyone know why I get a message that AlphaOBD has stopped when I go to start operation on diagnostics menu. Can connect to my BCM and read it. However when I hit start to change a setting I get a message that alpha has stopped.

Make sure you have updated to the latest version of the app, I think the dev fixed it a couple days ago and yours might not have automatically updated yet.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Like chrisbh17 said. Make sure version 2.1.6.4

Dalthend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does anyone know if these kits will work with a 2012? Everything on there website seems to say 2013+ but I dont see/understand why it wouldn't work...

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Does anyone know if these kits will work with a 2012? Everything on there website seems to say 2013+ but I dont see/understand why it wouldn't work...
Pre-2013 rams didn’t have an option for keyless enter n go. 2013+ rams use a different wireless ignition system with an RF Hub. I could have sworn at one time they offered a kit for the 2009-2012s. I think I know how to make it work using pre-2014 Grand Cherokee or town and country parts, but I don’t have access to a 09-12 ram to be able to test it.

Dalthend

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
The win modual on my 2012 ram failed and I was planning on replacing it with the same thing (tip of fob slides in dash and turns) but if possible I would rather just upgrade to push to start

78Staff

US Navy Veteran
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
I'm considering doing this - to be honest at first it seemed cost prohibitive, but factoring in I can also add in the factory remote start without a dealer trip/charge (If I'm reading everything correctly) does make it more attractive. Since I have a 16 I don't have the "easy" Remote Start install option of the 17 and up models, so have to replace the RF Hub either way.

Question is, how hard is it to change/wire the new handles? It seems counter intuitive to put all this into the adding the system and not get the handles (ie, basic kit) but seeing posts about difficulty of installing/wiring them, ****** hands :), etc. makes me wonder. I watched the vendor video's but tbh they weren't well done.

Also, I'm not clear on the rear handles - so you can keep stock rear handles that will unlock like normal with pressing key fob button or door buttons, or add rear proximity handles same as front that have the touch sensor, basically? I have quad cab so my thinking is rear handle change wouldn't really be necessary imo.

CantRepeat

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 2500 Crew Cab
Engine
6.7L Cummins stock
Was there any feedback about 09-12 support on this?

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm considering doing this - to be honest at first it seemed cost prohibitive, but factoring in I can also add in the factory remote start without a dealer trip/charge (If I'm reading everything correctly) does make it more attractive. Since I have a 16 I don't have the "easy" Remote Start install option of the 17 and up models, so have to replace the RF Hub either way.

Question is, how hard is it to change/wire the new handles? It seems counter intuitive to put all this into the adding the system and not get the handles (ie, basic kit) but seeing posts about difficulty of installing/wiring them, ****** hands :), etc. makes me wonder. I watched the vendor video's but tbh they weren't well done.

Also, I'm not clear on the rear handles - so you can keep stock rear handles that will unlock like normal with pressing key fob button or door buttons, or add rear proximity handles same as front that have the touch sensor, basically? I have quad cab so my thinking is rear handle change wouldn't really be necessary imo.
Not sure if you’re planning on buying the kit or building it yourself, but check into this thread- https://www.ramforum.com/threads/how-to-add-factory-keyless-enter-n-go.134961/
You can use a 2017 RF Hub on your truck. You don’t need proximity handles on the rears and the will still operate normally like a truck with passive entry from the factory.