Oem/Shorties/LT for Towing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shelton90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have had hell with some SW longtubes on my truck that I have since removed and sent back to SW in Ohio which they did verify was defective. Refunded and now looking for some more LT, shorties, or going back stock. What made me take them off was the horrible metal on metal sound towing my camper. Even though I was pulling timing from the false knock, it pulled pretty good once it got up in the rpms. Now I’m in a bind and don’t know rather to order some more LTs and hope the pulling time was what I felt in the low rpm or get some shorties/back stock. AFE longtubes is what one looking at. LTs are hard as hell to find right now for anyone looking, thanks.

jvbuttex

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I-6
this would be good to know... i have a TT and little extra HP would be nice on some long climbs. I've run shorties on my small block cars in past. love them, and the fit.

OP
OP
Shelton90

Shelton90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I really wanted a set of DT due to their tri y design, kind of the best of both worlds by design and emailing them, not from experience. Problem is they are out of stock and they can’t even tell me when they will be making them again.

RLJ10X

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Shelton, what transmission and rear end gears do you have? 2 or 4 WD?

I have shortys from Moe’s. I e had them for a number of years now. No trouble whatsoever.

My trailer with my “toy tractor “,and rotary cutter weigh about 6100 pounds; which isn’t all that much. 650 pounds on the tongue.

I’m not bragging. I didn’t build it.
But I’m always impressed how well my little old 1500 pulls; and I pull trailers for a living. (UPS).

Last edited:

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had stainless ceramic JBA's on my 5.9 Dakota. I tow my boat long distances and ended up going back to manifolds due to the under hood heat that headers usually put out.
Some claim if you get ceramic inside and out they control heat better - mine were just ceramic coated on the exterior.

There also the SRT Jeep manifolds if you want to stay with manifolds but gain some power.

OP
OP
Shelton90

Shelton90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Shelton, what transmission and rear end gears do you have? 2 or 4 WD?

I have shortys from Moe’s. I e had them for a number of years now. No trouble whatsoever.

My trailer with my “toy tractor “,and rotary cutter weigh about 6100 pounds; which isn’t all that much. 650 pounds on the tongue.

I’m not bragging. I didn’t build it.
But I’m always impressed how well my little old 1500 pulls; and I pull trailers for a living. (UPS).

I have 4x4 and 3.92. I ended up getting some ARH LTs and going to wrap them.