Off-road 2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tommie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2020 Limited doesn’t seem to have an off-road 2 setting on the air suspension. What am I missing here?
Only have a off-road level.

magic280z

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 1500 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'm pretty sure off-road 2 is for Rebel with air suspension. All other air suspension just get off-road. Which is better than those of us with no buttons.

2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 - Crew Cab/5.7 Bed - 5.7 Hemi - 3.92 - Anti Spin - Level 1 Options - RamBox - BUG

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I can't watch the video from work, so I'm not sure what it says. I'm sure it's correct since it's from Mopar, but
My 2020 Limited doesn’t seem to have an off-road 2 setting on the air suspension. What am I missing here?
Only have a off-road level.
The video doesn't mention this, but if your truck has the ORG it's already sitting 1 inch higher, so like the Rebel, it only has 1 off-road height setting. That's how our 2020 Limited w/ORG is, only 4 height settings...off-road, normal, aero, and entry/exit. No off-road 2 setting.

Kevin Legge

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eco
It says that the limited not rebel has 5 settings. Entry, aero, normal, off road 1, off road 2. However that is on the 21 limited

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
It says that the limited not rebel has 5 settings. Entry, aero, normal, off road 1, off road 2. However that is on the 21 limited
Not sure why we're talking about 2021 models. The OP has a 2020. You are correct that the Limited normally has 5 height settings. That is true for all models except for the Rebel. I can't speak for 2021's because I haven't seen one, but in earlier models, the ORG gives you a 1 inch lift above the non ORG models. So it's basically sitting at the "off-road 1" height when it's at the "normal" setting. I'm assuming the OP has the ORG if his Limited only has 4 settings for his air suspension.

Plankton

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rebels have 4 inches of lift and 4 settings. Highest to lowest being:

• Off-Road
  • Normal
  • Aero
  • Entry/Exit

Each one being 1" from the next. With the newer 5 settings you still get 4 inches of total movement, but they split the difference at the NRH to Aero to Entry/Exit modes at 1/2" intervals.

1" - Off-Road 2
1" - Off-Road 1
1" - NRH
1/2" - Aero
1/2" - Entry/Exit

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ecodiesel 3.0L
It should have an offroad 2 setting, my limited does.

1 — Off-Road 2 Indicator (Customer selectable)
2 — Off-Road 1 Indicator (Customer selectable)
3 — Normal Ride Height Indicator (Customer
selectable)
4 — Aero Mode Indicator (Customer Selectable)
5 — Entry/Exit Mode Indicator (Customer
selectable)

The owners manual says"
Off-Road 2 may not be available
due to vehicle payload, an instrument
cluster message will be displayed when this
occurs." Its also not available over 25 mphh.

OP
OP
Tommie

Tommie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Not sure why we're talking about 2021 models. The OP has a 2020. You are correct that the Limited normally has 5 height settings. That is true for all models except for the Rebel. I can't speak for 2021's because I haven't seen one, but in earlier models, the ORG gives you a 1 inch lift above the non ORG models. So it's basically sitting at the "off-road 1" height when it's at the "normal" setting. I'm assuming the OP has the ORG if his Limited only has 4 settings for his air suspension.

Yes, I do have the ORG.