Oil Leak By Head 2018 Ram Powerwagon

As bummed as I am I might as well make a poll. So what do you think it is ?

• MDS Solenoid Gasket Leak

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Valve Cover Leak

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Head Gasket Leak

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
R

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M
Alright so the official word or UPDATE from my dealer :

Got a call today saying they took more stuff off on the passenger side of the motor to confirm were the oil leak was coming from. The mechanic confirmed the head IS LEAKING oil and a new head gasket is needed. I cant say I am surprised. He also agrees that in the long run it would only get worse causing obviously bigger issues. Now my dealership has been awesome up to this point. I got a loaner 1500 4wd ram and they have kept me in the loop. My biggest concern is the truck comes back a 100 percent but I have confidence in there ability and professionalism.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Great, Its probably the oil return in the rear of the head, Hope all goes well

OP
OP
R

RSL0311USMC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
M
Engine
M
So I picked the truck up today from the dealer after the repair and so far all seems well. I gotta give a shout out to my dealer and the tech cause they did a great job. I went up under the truck when I brought it home and checked for leaks and so far so good. Now the next few days I will keep checking just to make sure. By the way the dealership I highly recommend is Keene Dodge in Maryland. This is also were I purchased a Hellcat and had a great experience " fingers crossed ".
20191003_203252.jpg

crazy jerry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
if they know how to read and follow the service manual, all should be fine. probly better than what the factory did. obviously they may not of tightened something correctly.