Opinions on this Power Wagon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
56PW17 posted this link back on November 15th.
Yes, he did. I started working on getting the parameters of a deal yesterday, that way I don’t drive 5 hours just to not be able to come to a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Personally I like this 18 better. Mostly because I don’t like chrome on my Wagons. Chrome has its place and it is not off-road IMO. plus this is a really good deal. Good luck.

It’s missing a few things that I liked on the 16. It doesn’t have the aftermarket wheels and tires or the sprayed bed liner. But it is 2 years newer

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
It’s missing a few things that I liked on the 16. It doesn’t have the aftermarket wheels and tires or the sprayed bed liner. But it is 2 years newer

You can not buy 2 years on a 16. Once a 16, always a 16. the 18 is a straight PW. Not a option added to another trim, and it is Identified as such with the black metal bumpers, and a black grill. Plus the badges are sweet.
the rust is an issue up north so 2 years is something to consider about the undercarriage. We don’t have that issue in Texas. (One of the many reasons the Lone Star State is superior! J/k)

either truck will get you in to the club!! So close the deal already...

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
There are 168 hours in every week. A 10 hour round trip road trip is minuscule of less than 6% of anyone's time even if one works 80 plus hours per week. So make the drive and close the deal.

I’m working on the parameters of a deal. Not going to drive 5 hours just to not be able to come to a deal

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Damn, do I hate dealing with car salesmen

What’s the issue with the silver ones dealership? They won’t break price? Or they are giving you bs on your trade in?

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
What’s the issue with the silver ones dealership? They won’t break price? Or they are giving you bs on your trade in?

I sent them a thorough description and pics of my truck. Several hours later he calls and starts the conversation with “so your payment is going to be $330. You don’t owe anything on your truck, do you?” I had to tell him that I wasn’t worried about the payments, all I was worried about was the difference between the value of my trade and the sale price of the truck. He had a difficult time understanding what I was saying. Then he got his manager who tried explaining to me the difference between the 18 and the 16 that I’m looking at. Finally I had to tell him “I’m going to stop you right there. I don’t need you to explain anything to me, and I don’t need you to salesman me. All I need to know is the bottom line, which is the difference between my trade and your truck. The number is $9500 on the other truck I’m looking at. I would prefer to buy yours, but I’m not going much over $9500. Came out to $13k. I offered $10.5k and that’s where we are right now

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine
Yes. I traded my wife’s SUV for a new one and started the test drive at 6pm and left 30 minutes ago. 3-1/2 hours... looks like you could be in and out (if you get the 10,500 you want) I was at a no hassle dealership too. We had a lot of hassle on the trade. good luck to you.

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins
Out on the silver one. Best they’re willing to do is $37k and $24k on my trade. Were about $2000 apart from where I’m comfortable

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I sent them a thorough description and pics of my truck. Several hours later he calls and starts the conversation with “so your payment is going to be $330. You don’t owe anything on your truck, do you?” I had to tell him that I wasn’t worried about the payments, all I was worried about was the difference between the value of my trade and the sale price of the truck. He had a difficult time understanding what I was saying. Then he got his manager who tried explaining to me the difference between the 18 and the 16 that I’m looking at. Finally I had to tell him “I’m going to stop you right there. I don’t need you to explain anything to me, and I don’t need you to salesman me. All I need to know is the bottom line, which is the difference between my trade and your truck. The number is $9500 on the other truck I’m looking at. I would prefer to buy yours, but I’m not going much over $9500. Came out to $13k. I offered $10.5k and that’s where we are right now

Nothing ****** me off more when dealing with them then the "what do you want you payment to be"? Just tell me the bottom line. New truck is X and we will give you Y for your truck. Just getting a payment to match X is giving them a blank check.

56PW17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Out on the silver one. Best they’re willing to do is $37k and $24k on my trade. Were about $2000 apart from where I’m comfortable

On to the next one. What’s your zip code?

Trailmaker

Locked and Loaded
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 PW
Engine

Oh man... you are patient. I gave up last night. I told them (as we were also 2k apart also) I will spilt it with you. But I get to “test drive the Lexus LC 500” before I leave. Wow. That was fun! Maybe it was a $1,000 test drive, but I drove my wife a 3 kids 1-1/2 hour in Houston traffic and I did not want to go home empty handed.

I did liked the silver one too...
might be better off selling your truck first and then you won’t have a trade in the equation??

OP
OP
K

King nothing

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members