opinions please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pitbull

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
ok I am putting a cold air intake on my truck in the next 2 weeks. I am trying to choose between spectre intake at Spectre Part No. 9931 - Cold Air Intakes or a K&N at K&N Part No. 57-1511-2 - Filtercharger Injection Performance Kit Cold Air Intakes they look compairable to me but about $100 diffrence also the spectra pulls air from the original path as the factory desighn through the firewall the K&N looks like it pulls air from the front of the truck attached to the firewall. My question is does any one have first hand knowledge on the diffrenc in these 2 systems. personally im leaning twards the spectra intake but id like to know if the K&N is acually better or is the extra $100 just for the name. I dont mind paying for quality but I see no reason to pay for a name

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
Go with the K&N better in the long run. And if you want a cheaper price PM me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okiespaniel

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
magnum, 5.9
IMO FIPKs are junk...the tubes...even on the newer ones...crack.

Unless you've got a lot of high horsepower plans in the immediate future, order a drop in K&N from Dave and be done with it.

Last edited:

the codes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Magnum 5.2
if you do decide you want a FIBK, iv liked mine, I have one for sale..in great condition...pm me if interested. I can also tell you how I planned on making it forced induction before I no longer needed it.

and as regard to your question, I have started to come to te conclusion that about all cold air intakes do the same thing. and looking back, I wish I would have tried to get one used vs new. if you want new though I don't see why a homemade or spectre wouldn't have similar results to a K&N.

Tapatalk Addict

Last edited:

Hotroder383

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 or 5.2 which ever you want
They look cool, that's really about it. Once you replace the air filter you don't get any noticable performance increase from the tube's unless you have other mods AND a tuner to take advantage of them. Remember EVERYTHING is controlled by the pcm and it won't allow any change unless told to do so.
So pick the one you like the looks of best IMO used would be cheaper.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca