Order times on 2021 Ram 1500 models

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

space4092

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7l hemi
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone would like to share their order times for the 2021 models?

I ordered my 2021 Ram Rebel at the end of January and it has been sitting in "D" status ever since.

Please share your order to delivery times and experiences.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Congratulations on the order, sure you are excited! I bought from inventory so can't help you there, but if you do some searching with key words like "order", you will find some stories while you wait for more responses. Make sure to post some pictures when you get it. I found this on other codes, if it helps.

Stage 1
BA: New order that hasn't been checked, this is the status when the order is first put in. Only the dealer knows about it
BB: Review by fleet department, the order is now being processed.
BD: Special equipment processing. This is where things like snow plow prep etc get checked. Special items.
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule. This is where the order can sit and wait for things like low volume paint where there needs to be x number or similar orders
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule

Stage 2
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule Now the factory knows about the order.

Stage 3
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

Stage 4
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage

Stage 5
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer

OP
OP
S

space4092

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7l hemi
Thank you for the info, I had looked into those codes. It might just seem because I am in Canada these codes don't get updated as regularly? I called customer support as well to get more info, without any other information given.

It would be super nice to be able to sign up and get updates on what's going on with the order.

I read that 2 people here in the forum got it within 7 weeks which would be nice if that would be the case, just looking for more people that can give some timeframes to see what the average is.

Thanks!

Congratulations on the order, sure you are excited! I bought from inventory so can't help you there, but if you do some searching with key words like "order", you will find some stories while you wait for more responses. Make sure to post some pictures when you get it. I found this on other codes, if it helps.

Stage 1
BA: New order that hasn't been checked, this is the status when the order is first put in. Only the dealer knows about it
BB: Review by fleet department, the order is now being processed.
BD: Special equipment processing. This is where things like snow plow prep etc get checked. Special items.
BE: Edit error
BG: Passed edit n/a for schedule. This is where the order can sit and wait for things like low volume paint where there needs to be x number or similar orders
BGL: Edit ok parts unavailable
BX: Passed edit available for schedule

Stage 2
C: Sub firm - Tentative schedule Now the factory knows about the order.

Stage 3
D: Firm schedule - dealer has allocation and all parts available
D1: Gateline schedule - scheduled to be built

Stage 4
E: Frame
F: Paint
G: Trim
I: Built not ok'd
J: Built ok'd
JB: Shipped to Upfit Center
JE: Emission check
JS: Shipped to storage

Stage 5
KZ: Released by plant , invoiced
KZL: Released - not shipped
KZM: First rail departure
KZN: First rail arrival
KZO: Delayed/recieved
KZOA: Plant holds
KZOB: Zone/distribution holds
KZOC: Carrier delays
KZOD: Carrier holds
KZOE: Mis-shipped vehicle
KZOF: Show/test vehicle
KZOG: Damaged vehicle
KZOH: All other reasons
KZT: Second rail departure
KZU: Second rail arrival
KZX: Delivered to dealer

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
If your Ram 1500 is being built in either Warren or Sterling Heights

Once your Ram rolls off of the assembly line, it goes to another area to get the Add Ons, like
Floor Mats
Mud Flaps
Side Steps
Spray on Bedliner
etc.

Then it goes to Final Inspection & is parked in a huge parking lot, until it is either loaded on a Freight Train or a semi truck.

If you live in Ontario, chances are a semi truck will haul it from the factory to your dealership
If you live in Quebec, it may go by train & then truck

People that live around London Ontario have received their Rams as soon as 7 weeks from the order date.

If you ordered a Special Color, it may never be built.
They need at least 10 orders of each Special color, for them to run a Ram through the Paint Booth

If your Ram is being built down in Saltillo, Mexico, add several weeks to the delivery time
If it is to have the Special Colors, the same thing applies as above.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

space4092

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7l hemi
Awesome! Thanks for the info!

I live in Sarnia, so not far from London ON. If it would take 7 weeks, it would be March 17, but the status according to the dealership hasn't changed from "D" since Feb 12. I hope for the best :)

I did get Maximum Steel Metallic as paint, hopefully, more people picked the same. :O

According to VIN decoder, it's getting build in Sterling Heights Michigan.
upload_2021-3-9_18-5-43.png
View attachment 240524
If your Ram 1500 is being built in either Warren or Sterling Heights

Once your Ram rolls off of the assembly line, it goes to another area to get the Add Ons, like
Floor Mats
Mud Flaps
Side Steps
Spray on Bedliner
etc.

Then it goes to Final Inspection & is parked in a huge parking lot, until it is either loaded on a Freight Train or a semi truck.

If you live in Ontario, chances are a semi truck will haul it from the factory to your dealership
If you live in Quebec, it may go by train & then truck

People that live around London Ontario have received their Rams as soon as 7 weeks from the order date.

If you ordered a Special Color, it may never be built.
They need at least 10 orders of each Special color, for them to run a Ram through the Paint Booth

If your Ram is being built down in Saltillo, Mexico, add several weeks to the delivery time
If it is to have the Special Colors, the same thing applies as above.

View attachment 240523

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I see it is being built at the Sterling Heights Assembly Plant

Your Ram will be loaded on a Semi Truck & when it crosses into Canada, it crosses the Bridge at Sarnia,
That is the route that all Rams take going into Canada by semi truck, when they are built in Michigan

GregDwork

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I hope I'm not a buzz kill but my truck order of (qty) 21 hasn't had a status change since submitted (1/18/2021). I was told 8-10 weeks but I'm betting its going to be 14-16. Not looking good for my fleet refresh at this point. Mine are plain janes (1500 tradesmana) so they must be coming from Michigan.

OP
OP
S

space4092

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7l hemi
I also found this online, (http://www.napletonfleet.com/run_static.php?htm=order_to_delivery.htm) the last update from FCA was Feb 11, 2021, and the delivery times seem normal for the ram 1500. But who knows. Let's hope they just forget to update the production status ;)

The 1500 regular cab (DS) seems to be assembled in Saltillo, Mexico with 14-16 week delivery times.

Truck Fun

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Classic
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
So is there a site you access directly find out the status of an order or is it done through the dealer?

Antler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L 6cyl EcoDiesel
Hope you have better luck than me! I ordered my new RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie December 30th and I am still waiting.... My dealer was able to finally tell me it was to expected ship today but no idea if that has even happened and if the scheduled hasn't changed I could be waiting another 2 weeks or more.
My last truck was a 2018 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel and was stolen out the driveway 2 weeks before Christmas. I have already purchased a key fob signal blocker and "the club" for the steering wheel to help protect this one.

OP
OP
S

space4092

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram Rebel
Engine
5.7l hemi
Hope you have better luck than me! I ordered my new RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie December 30th and I am still waiting.... My dealer was able to finally tell me it was to expected ship today but no idea if that has even happened and if the scheduled hasn't changed I could be waiting another 2 weeks or more.
My last truck was a 2018 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel and was stolen out the driveway 2 weeks before Christmas. I have already purchased a key fob signal blocker and "the club" for the steering wheel to help protect this one.

Yeah, the slow order delivery seems to be a Canadian thing. I read another forum and there are a lot of people with way longer wait times from Canada when compared to the USA.

I am still waiting as well, 11 weeks to date. Update from the dealer today was still in "D" status...... Who knows at this point when it will be built/delivered.

Good news for you though if it at least getting shipped, shouldn't be too long the FCA Sterling Heights Assembly Plant is close to ontario.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Both Ram 1500 plants are within 10 miles of each other
Warren Michigan Assembly Plant builds the 2021 Ram 1500 Classics
Sterling Heights Michigan Plant builds the 2021 Ram 1500 5th Gen

Saltillo Mexico Assembly Plant builds the 2021 Ram regular Cab & all the Heavy Duty Rams & the Ram Van plant is nearby

KlatuBaradaNikto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hope you have better luck than me! I ordered my new RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie December 30th and I am still waiting.... My dealer was able to finally tell me it was to expected I’ship today but no idea if that has even happened and if the scheduled hasn't changed I could be waiting another 2 weeks or more.
I’m glad I read your post because I’ve never heard of using a remote key fob signal to steal a vehicle. I need to get one of those signal blockers. Thanks!

Antler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0L 6cyl EcoDiesel
Ya its crazy how they can electronically hack into them now. They get someone close to the house with a repeater that will extend the signal and they can use multiple people to extend the range until someone waiting in a vehicle picks up the signal with a laptop and creates a new dummy key. My camera system picked up a car parked at the end of my driveway and then a few minutes later 2 people walk up to the truck it opens they are in adjusting seats started and gone in 1.5 minutes.

KlatuBaradaNikto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ya its crazy how they can electronically hack into them now. They get someone close to the house with a repeater that will extend the signal and they can use multiple people to extend the range until someone waiting in a vehicle picks up the signal with a laptop and creates a new dummy key. My camera system picked up a car parked at the end of my driveway and then a few minutes later 2 people walk up to the truck it opens they are in adjusting seats started and gone in 1.5 minutes.
I feel your pain. I had two vehicles attempted stolen. They didn’t get either one but they sure made a mess trying.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
there was a spate of that around here a cpl. years ago. guys at big store parking lots like home depot/sams/kroger would sit in their car and intercept the signals from folks locking their vehicles by remote fob. they would then swipe a few of the ones they could get to open. the local news aired a few stories about it and their take was to manually lock your vehicle so that is the habit I got into. back then my son's father in law parked his truck at a sam's and before he even got to the building he saw his truck driving off. the truck was never recovered.